Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can anyone help me out next week?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lgnd6

lgnd6

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-10-25

Can anyone help me out next week? Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 5:20 am

It would be great if I could get a hand from somebody next week(11th-17th) on any day of the week but preferably a tuesday or thursday. I need to get my lip and spoiler sanded and installed before I take the car to get it resprayed on Friday. The hard part of the lip is done(mounting brackets) so it wouldn't be too much work. I would do it myself but I don't have any tools and I also would just rather work with someone.

On another note, I got my gsr spoiler at a great price but it didn't include any hardware or anything. The nuts won't be a problem but is there supposed to be a rubber gasket or anything that goes in between the spoiler and the car or does it just go straight on top. If so, what could I use?
Back to top Go down
Clifford

Clifford

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 6:19 am

my garage is always open to people, i have tools, but its not a craftsman store lol. i could help out i work 11-7 at night so i have all the day to waste away during the week, im doing body work on my truck, so i wouldn't mind helping out.
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 6:09 pm

Okay well I get off class at 10:45 on tues and thurs so I could be in FW around 12:30 or 1:00. I guess the most elaborate tools we would need would be a drill and a belt sander. Other than that I think just wrachets. I really appreciate it...man, wait I mean mango, or is it just mang? That is what the cool kids say right?

Ps. Send me your number so I can call when I am getting close and then you can give me directions.
Back to top Go down
Clifford

Clifford

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:23 pm

i have a drill
lol i have basic tools, i have 0 each belt sanders.

218 5445.
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:46 pm

Does anybody want to loan out a belt sander for the day? I would really prefer not to have sand the entire spoiler by hand.

Do you want to shoot for Tuesday?
Back to top Go down
Clifford

Clifford

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 1:28 am

tuesday as in tomorrow? lol as long as it doesnt cut into the meet time cause i only get to hang out for like an hour or so as is
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 1:44 am

Ok goofballs my shop is open to the two of you. I trust you both enough. I have everything needed to get the job done. No belt sander is needed for what your talkin about doing. There would most likely be no lip left over if you tried to use a belt sander. Cliff you can do your body work here also like I said I have it all. I dont know if your aware but you need to pul those dents first then fill them they are way too deep to fill with Bondo. 1/8 max depth for bondo.
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 3:04 am

lgnd6 wrote:
next week(11th-17th) on any day of the week but preferably a tuesday or thursday

No I am talking about next week haha. Anyway, Dave you dont think the sander would be useful for the spoiler? Its painted white right now.
Back to top Go down
Clifford

Clifford

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 4:06 am

bondo, phhh
im using bondo glass and fiberglass lols, im not rying to fill the dents, just ghetto those holes closed with the fiber glass matts, i drilled out a bunch of the rivets today, its going to be a long process of just drilling to remove the old stuff, i also need a dremel to cut off some of the external rivets and something to grind that down flush with, itll be a fun learning experience though, never been to much of a body man.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 5:54 am

orbital sander maybe on slow not a belt sander. Belt sanders are for wood not cars.

hmmmm what would remove those rivits and not cause too much damage... you buy the dremel cutting wheels and you can try my dremel. Bring eye protection. No matter what you use your gonna need to smooth the surface anyway right?
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:09 am

Okay then, what would you recommend for the spoiler? Would it be best just to do it by hand?
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:44 am

hand sand. remember your not trying to strip all the paint off, your scuffunig the surface to give the paint something to adhere to. If there are pits and chips you fill them with a glazing putty. Alot of shops wont even sand they use a liquid surface prep that actually loosens the particals in the paint and makes it tacky again.
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:55 pm

One more thing is should I prep my spoiler and then have it painted at the same time but not installed on the car? I was thinking that becuase to paint the underneath of the spoiler wont they have to take it back off anyway or do they have ways of getting that done with it on the car? Oh and as far as my wheels what do you think of just painting them myself? I read an article on team integra where a guy did his own wheels with duplicolor and they looked really, really good. (i know ti sucks but they have good "how to" articles.)
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 7:42 pm

have the spoiler sprayed off the car for max coverage. Do what you want to your wheels you cant really hurt them if you already dont like them
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic

GSRCivic

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2007-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 7:50 pm

Yeah...the paint will look really really good, for a really really short time. If you do end up painting them...prep prep prep and prep. Oh and use all the extra tacky stuff and like 20 layers...otherwise it won't last
Back to top Go down
http://www.race850.forumotion.com
lgnd6

lgnd6

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 9:52 pm

Yeah but then again I am really really broke...so I might just do it do get me by until summer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me out next week?   Can anyone help me out next week? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help me out next week?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uncle Bennyz CrEw :: General Discussion :: General Discussion and Debate-
Jump to: