Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

upgrading the head

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-11-07

upgrading the head Empty
PostSubject: upgrading the head   upgrading the head Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 2:00 am

so i'm wanting to beef up the y8 head with an aftermarket cam and the other essentials that go with that. what would you suggest for decent power gains without sacrificing the daily driveability of the car? i was looking at a head package from gude.com , which comes with a rebuilt high compression head, cam , tb, intake manifold etc. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. also interested in a hondata setup. possibly the s300. thanks
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-02-12

upgrading the head Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading the head   upgrading the head Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 7:07 am

i would go with a crane cam
and matching springs and retainers for a vtec motor

that or talk to bisi about what he could do for the vtec setup

however first you need to port the head a good bit to get the full potential from it the tock y8 head flow is pure crap!!! im positve that the high compression will be more noticable with some port work

also upgrade the rod bolts because you will have to spin at least 8900 to fully use the crane cam

ps the s300 is the best choice you can make, my s300 setup is beside my bed and going in the car after ifo, like the day after ifo
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

upgrading the head Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading the head   upgrading the head Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:16 pm

i would have admit joey know a thing or two about dat dirty d
Back to top Go down
eksnail97

eksnail97

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-10-30

upgrading the head Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading the head   upgrading the head Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 3:49 pm

boost... boost and some more boost, did i mention boost?
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

upgrading the head Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading the head   upgrading the head Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 6:05 pm

boost with p29's and stock rods.... no thanks
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

upgrading the head Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading the head   upgrading the head Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:00 am

alright joey, i will go that route. i don't know if you 'member me, i was a friend of ryan's , back in the day before he passed away. oh and what would you suggest for an intake manifold? i was told that the y7 (currently using) was shit and i should swap it for the y8 manifold.
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

upgrading the head Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading the head   upgrading the head Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:05 am

had a little green hatchback???

oh god your still running the y7 mani??? wow get rid of that

when you change a y7 head to a y8 head the biggest gain is in the y8 intake manifold!

get yourself either a y8 or a z6 mani first then worry about a cam!
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

upgrading the head Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading the head   upgrading the head Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:19 am

yeah it's me.....and yes Sad i'm still running the y7. i have however managed to convert to a 5 spd (swapped it in last year) but yeah i'll change out the manifold when i get the money , sorry i left that out. check out my intro it's got pictures of my car when i had the hondabahn sticker on it. haha.

so that would explain maybe why i was running 11's at the track last friday ? because of the y7 mani?
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

upgrading the head Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading the head   upgrading the head Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 6:35 am

well i got ahold of a new manifold, just waiting for the guys to strip out the old motor from his car then it's mine, also have an adjustable cam gear we're gonna play with and then i will start the upgradin' (got to get a job first) thank you for your informative input
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

upgrading the head Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading the head   upgrading the head Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

upgrading the head
Page 1 of 1