Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

brakes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tonkatruck66

tonkatruck66

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2007-10-25

brakes Empty
PostSubject: brakes   brakes Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:25 pm

so yesterday my brakes startin this noise that i just absolutly love. when im drivin they kinda like, squiel (spelling?) but when i push the brakes really hard, they go away, but when i lightly push the brakes they squiel louder. any body know whats up w/ them? i know their not worn done because i when i took it down to my spindles to get new balljoints, we checked em.
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic

GSRCivic

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2007-10-31

brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: brakes   brakes Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:08 pm

If they're not on Straight or correctly it can cause this to happen...did you put them on or someone you know put them on or were they put on by a shop?
Back to top Go down
http://www.race850.forumotion.com
tonkatruck66

tonkatruck66

brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: brakes   brakes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:52 am

nah, i put them on myself and have done it hundreds of times and never had any problems, but about 3 or 4 days after i got my truck realligned, they started this. i pulled em back of today and its like brakes are always pushed in a little bit? like, if i push the brakes, they stay pushed down on the rotor even after i let off the brake. could that be because there's too much pressure in the brake lines or something?? i dont know what would cause that.
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-11-07

brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: brakes   brakes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 3:42 am

there should be a minimal clearance between the brake pad and the rotor, it could be that you got shitty pads or if you got new pads you didn't turn the rotors which could also cause problems/noise. and if you didn't install them correctly. just my 2cents
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic

GSRCivic

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2007-10-31

brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: brakes   brakes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 4:11 am

That's what I was sayin...it's most likely something with the install. I bet if you took them off and did it again it might take care of the problem. But who the hell wants to do that... Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.race850.forumotion.com
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-11-07

brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: brakes   brakes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 4:18 am

i look at it like this. if you have enough time to do it twice, then you had plenty of time to do it right the first time. take them out. inspect the pads, and make sure you either 1. get new rotors, or 2. take the old ones and have them turned. then re-install and check for noise.
Back to top Go down
tonkatruck66

tonkatruck66

brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: brakes   brakes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 5:45 am

yeah, i took them off and looked at them, but the caliper is pushing the pads onto the rotor even when i left off the brake. i have a feeling im just gonna have to go w/ a whole new caliper. either that or take it somewhere and get em to fix the one i have. but i do need new rotors too. random question, does anybody know how hard it is to convert rear drum brakes to disk brakes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: brakes   brakes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

brakes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uncle Bennyz CrEw :: General Discussion :: General Discussion and Debate-
Jump to: