Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

missfire at idle...

Go down 
+2
Disco
KongGMC
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Clifford

Clifford

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-10-21

missfire at idle... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: missfire at idle...   missfire at idle... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 4:58 am

sounds like some one needs to drop off their car, ill give you a hand to , because im off, and im bored.
Back to top Go down
KongGMC

KongGMC

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: missfire at idle...   missfire at idle... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:52 am

Thanks Cliff but my Supra drives on it's own steam. I would just have to advance the timing back to where it was to come to Ft. Walton.

I am off tomorrow so I am gonna try fixing any and all vacuum leaks. I know of one vacuum line that is on the air intake after the MAF that I don't have a clue where it goes! I looked high and low for a good 10 minutes on 2 seperate occasions and ended up plugging it with a screw and a clamp. There are some vacuum lines I know need to be replaced so I'll try to take care of the obvious first.

Also, what is an AFM? I'm assuming you mean air fuel mixture. Or do you mean the mass air flow sensor?
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker

Reign_Maker

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-10-25

PostSubject: Re: missfire at idle...   missfire at idle... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 7:18 am

Air flow meter...

I think Disco is having a get together at his house this saturday for people to work on thier cars... If you want to bring your car over, I can look at it for ya...
Back to top Go down
KongGMC

KongGMC

PostSubject: Re: missfire at idle...   missfire at idle... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 3:12 pm

Nah I don't wanna drive it that far in the condition it's in. The front wheel bearings need to be replaced like yesterday and the speedo doesn't work. Which means I'd have to tailgate someone to Ft. Walton and hope they going some legal speed. It'll be alright. I'm sure as soon as I can get a multi-meter and start doing some digging on Supra Mania, I'll be ironing the kinks outta this car in no time.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: missfire at idle...   missfire at idle... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 4:53 pm

ohh i SEE HOW it is you dont wanna hang with disco ok its cool drunken
Back to top Go down
KongGMC

KongGMC

PostSubject: Re: missfire at idle...   missfire at idle... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:24 pm

LOL, I just don't wanna be "limpin" the car, so to speak, that far. Once I get the main issues fixed then I'll definately come.
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker

Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: missfire at idle...   missfire at idle... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 3:01 am

Trailer that bitch over here... Smile

I need to check if they are interchangable, but I have my old throttle body with the TPS on it for you... You can HAVE it... It works perfectly, because I was using it up until the day I took it off to swap for my 85mm throttle body...
Back to top Go down
KongGMC

KongGMC

PostSubject: Re: missfire at idle...   missfire at idle... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:08 am

LOL, I ain't haulin my car all the way to Ft. Walton just to check the TPS. I am gonna check it in like 2 days as soon as I get the necessary equipment. Also, I sure appreciate you willing to give me both a TPS and throttle body. I know neither of those are cheap. I guess if nothing else if it comes down to it and I need to do that I will trade you my old ones just so I don't leave you empty handed.

I also shirked my chore of checking the vacuum lines today. Pretty much cause I know there are a couple and I actually can't afford to do anything about them until Friday anyway.

Pushing things even farther back is my sister's Cavalier which desided to take a crap on her 25 miles away from home. It's parked at a Tom Thumb in Ft. Walton with what I'm pretty sure is a crapping out fuel pump. We gotta tow it to one of our friend's house sometime this weekendish and then start tearing it apart. Actually I need to go find a Cavy forum and ask some people if that is one of those cars you can replace the fuel sending unit on without removing the tank.... probably not though.
Back to top Go down
Nismodude

Nismodude

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-11-29

PostSubject: Re: missfire at idle...   missfire at idle... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:25 pm

I'm pretty sure you got to remove the tank because the cavy i'm working on we had to. Even though they are different years I would think something like that might be the same because your sisters is like a 01 or something right? and the one i'm play'n with is a 95 sooo I dunno but i would think they would be the same....shoulda bought a honda Smile
because then you wouldn't have to drop the tank is under the back seat Smile
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker

Reign_Maker

PostSubject: Re: missfire at idle...   missfire at idle... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 3:49 am

KongGMC wrote:
Also, I sure appreciate you willing to give me both a TPS and throttle body. I know neither of those are cheap.
Look, its really no problem... This is how I am... If its between helpin a fellow Supra guy or sellin the parts for $50, I'd rather help you out... Trust me, you have NO idea how many people have donated thier time and expertise and parts and skillz on my supra... This is what we do... We help each other out... Now, I wouldnt GIVE you a motor, lol, but I'd definately give ya deal on one if I had one, know what I mean...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: missfire at idle...   missfire at idle... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

missfire at idle...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uncle Bennyz CrEw :: Tech forum :: ALL MOTA-
Jump to: