Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Past Mistakes...

Go down 
+6
SilverDC5
ho2nvda
Asuaruto~Tenshi
KongGMC
tonkatruck66
GSRCivic
10 posters
AuthorMessage
GSRCivic

GSRCivic

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2007-10-31

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 11:45 pm

So...I was reminiscing with Shane earlier about cars of the past. What is everyone's biggest car mistake...whether it was just a mod that you regreted or a whole car buying situation...lets hear them. Share your mistakes so maybe you can help others not make the same ones...here's one of mine:

My 95 Accord was a really Nice car...didn't look too bad to me at the time, but I was young and it was RICE...here were the "specs"

4 Door
Automatic
Clear Cornered
Clear Bumper lights
Washer Lights
Neons inside
Strobe lights behind the guages and under the seats
8" Tube Bass Speaker that sat in the back between where the 2 front seats met holding it in place... 8" round by 15" LONG HAHA... Embarassed
18 ICW "Racing" wheels (no 18's should be called "Racing")
stock ride hight (looked like a 4X4 with the 18's)
No Engine work or even an exhaust

No wonder it was "fast" (was to me)...each of those things added at least 5hp. That means it had about 190hp...HAHAHA Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.race850.forumotion.com
tonkatruck66

tonkatruck66

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2007-10-25

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:10 am

^now that shits hot. cant go wrong w/ neons. eyy.... paul walker likes em.
Back to top Go down
KongGMC

KongGMC

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:17 am

Probably my biggest failure on my previous cars is not trying hard enough to fix them on my own. I am on my 9th car and I'm only 21. I'll buy a project car, keep it for a while, allow my mind to become overwhelmed with the problems and rather than save my money and fix it, I usually resort to selling it and buying another beater. I gotta do everything in my power to stay with my current combo of vehicles and try to fix the Supra up as best as I can instead of hocking it off and buying another junker.
Back to top Go down
Asuaruto~Tenshi

Asuaruto~Tenshi

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:42 am

OH OH OH~ I totally have one!

Like...

When I first got into cars...I.. like most people...had ricer moments. My ex-husband had a little civic that he wanted to "supe up" so... I helped him.

We put the R34 front bumper, BW side skirt and Buddy Club rear bumper on his car. 3-D retro taillights, a wing...some chrome rims, projector headlights (black housing) and flushed it into his bumper. (it actually looked alright until he decided to SPRAY PAINT dragon graphics on the side of his car....)

Now... the interior... red and black. BAD! NO NO NO!!!!! Also... AUTOZONE brand interior gadgets. Shift knob, pedals, neons... etc etc etc

He also ATTEMPTED an H22A1 swap.

Never finished. He said the engine harness from the D16Y8 would work on the H22A1.............

Anyway...

He also mentioned bragged about putting a T6 turbo on the H22....

He never got the turbo. And his car never ran. He then proceeded to blame me for his car not running.

Did I mention that he told me he used to have a 900+ HP Eclipse, got arrested in Texas at a gas station for running from the cops? Oh yeah, and he also used to be a tech for Nascar.

To sum this up...

My EX (which is a pretty big reason among others as to why he's my ex) is a F.U.C.K.I.N.G IDIOT

After that fiasco, I got out of "learning" about cars from him. Took up my own books and learned everything else from real hands on experience and asking people who really knew their shit. That and I eventually became a technician myself <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/expendablemarionette
GSRCivic

GSRCivic

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2007-10-31

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:52 am

Wow... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.race850.forumotion.com
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:59 am

yeah so........to finish her story.....said nascar mechanic destroyed her civic in the process of trying to fix his like the spark plugs, exhaust manifold, dizzy, and some other various components ,rendering it useless.
on the good side, i got the 5pd out of it. so yeah i figure he ripped her y7 apart to utilize the said parts on his "h22 with a y8 harness"' hence why it didn't work . he was a douche bag.

as for my past mistakes........

"jdm" fender blinkers or something like that.
custom clear head lights (used a blow dryer and putty knife)
huge 747 spoiler
and gen1 clear tail lights , the all clear ones.
that's about all i can think of ........i wasn't into neons and shit of the sort.
Back to top Go down
SilverDC5
Admin
SilverDC5

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2007-01-12

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 7:40 am

My past regrets would be wrecking my first hatch......damn that car would be so beautiful.....
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-10-25

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 7:22 pm

4 door automatic civic lx.
Fake hood scoops you stick on from kmart automotive section.
A neon skull cigarette lighter thing.
Pulsating neon cd player outline.
The biggest mistake however was thinking it was pretty quick.
Luckily I never got a autozone muffler...i kept the quiet moped sized exhaust.
Oh and the seat covers that said type r and a subwoofer, and sub box, but no amp...it wasnt ever hooked up in that car.

Then I got the integra and it had a bunch of stupid stuff on it that I added to. Then when I got a little older I realized that, Wow, My car looked gay. So I replaced the tail lights that were on it when I got it, took off the metallic blue wipers, took the green neon out of the trunk, took the mesh grill of the front, put on amber corners, replaced the interior pieces, got a nice looking muffler, and lowered it.
Back to top Go down
bluehatch95

bluehatch95

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-10-22

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 10:24 pm

hmm my 92 pontiac grand am, with 2 10" baja speakers, a gay automatic shifty nob thing, blue neon light for the subs and a neon light rop that went around my dash. haha i thought i was cool. i really wanted a stick thought so i bought the beautiful hatch!! mmmm mmmmm good
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brendanblair
Asuaruto~Tenshi

Asuaruto~Tenshi

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:27 am

We got us some veteran ricers up in hurr <333 Hahaha

God.. I wanna fucking shove a torque wrench in my EX's face for being such a fucking moron. Seriously... W-T-F?!

You guys might have seen him.. he used to be part of Prime Xamplz. AT THE TIME... his civic was silver with the red dragon decal flame things on it.... >______>;;;;

And he always pretended that he was paul walker.... I was so embarassed to ride in his car. He tried to take an EVO....

Thought it was a lancer and got pwnd.... over... and over... and over

He's the type of retard that would race ANYTHING...mini vans...semi trucks...mopeds... and like... try to be all gangster (yes I purposely spelt it like that)....Last time I ever date a white boy with a serious identity issue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/expendablemarionette
SilverDC5
Admin
SilverDC5

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:39 am

hey now....lets not hate on all the white boys.....i am VERY proud to say that i have never owned a cool neon rice boy car. I almost bought a body kit for my first civic way back in the day....but i learned and didnt....kept it clean
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 5:28 am

my biggest mistake.......wrecking the hatch, rebuilding said hatch and then giving it the krylon touch and fucking up a factory medori green pearl paint job. one day it will be green again. oh and i had the letters MXBOOST for a license plate in north dakota, cause i was a fan of Max Boost from import tuner. i caught alot of shit for the plate because people thought the car was boosted till it didn't go like it was boosted.
Back to top Go down
AILS98

AILS98

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 7:48 am

haha my mistake was my 96 honda civic ex first off it was an auto, had a nice big body kit, spent 2k on the paint job that turned out shitty after couple of months, BIG watermelon shootin exhaust, neons on the inside and outised. ya deff not a good idea haha
Back to top Go down
SilverDC5
Admin
SilverDC5

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:25 am

haha.....i remember that civic.....i told you not to do it....lets hear it matt.....just say it....
Back to top Go down
AILS98

AILS98

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:46 am

ya ya i know u told me not to i made a mistake its ok its some one else problem now i have my integra now:)......an here ya go just for u brandon.... cheers BRANDON WAS RIGHT I WAS WRONG cheers
Back to top Go down
ECH257

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-02-14

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:53 am

My biggest past mistake was getting into imports. All they do is drain your money. It takes so much money to make them fast.
Back to top Go down
AILS98

AILS98

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:58 am

that is true but in the end u can spend less money buyin a honda an droppin 5k in it spendin around 10-15k when ur done an be faster then most v8's that r stock an cost more then 20k lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Past Mistakes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Mistakes...   Past Mistakes... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Past Mistakes...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uncle Bennyz CrEw :: General Discussion :: General Discussion and Debate-
Jump to: