Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking of a project...

Go down 
+2
Orion
BrOkEn_Dc2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BrOkEn_Dc2

BrOkEn_Dc2

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Thinking of a project... Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of a project...   Thinking of a project... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 8:41 pm

So my parents bought my sister a car back when she was in high school, then it was my brothers, then he totaled it. It was a 1983 4 door hatchback Toyota Tercel. That thing was the shit!

Me and my brother were thinking of buying one agian and making a project sleeper out of it. We had a few ideas, pull the 83hp carborated motor and swap in a MR2 turbo motor in it and doing other misc performance parts, or maybe a B-series with F-ing ITBs! Ha ha.

I know it will be a lot of work and was curious if anyone had any experiance with such wild swaps or know anyone who has experiance. I plan on doing most of the work myself, just need help finding things like motor mounts, axles, and shift linkage.

Since my brother is joining the Marine Corp (swearing in today) this will mostly be my project... and I don't have a timeline for this project and don't care if it takes two years. This will be a learning experiance for me. I am knowladgable with Hondas and done pretty everything on my DC2 myself.

Let me know what you guys think... and if you wanna help!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of a project...   Thinking of a project... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 1:57 am

u should talk with drunkenmonkey aka. shawn about this he now alot about cars he used to be ase certified...he also know a little about the toyotas to he is one here somewhere
Back to top Go down
Bjstrick
Admin
Bjstrick

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of a project...   Thinking of a project... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 10:14 am

i would also talk to larry since he is really knowledgable about cars , i would do a dodge colt, old celica, old corrola
Back to top Go down
https://unclebennyz.darkbb.com
Clifford

Clifford

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of a project...   Thinking of a project... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 2:57 am

you guys are crazy, just pick up an old mirage for like 200 dollars and throw a 4g6trace in it. bamn.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of a project...   Thinking of a project... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 3:20 am

or finish the other projects you have going on. Smile
Back to top Go down
Clifford

Clifford

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of a project...   Thinking of a project... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 1:26 pm

who finishes projects? lol 87.3 % is all you really need lawls
Back to top Go down
eksnail97

eksnail97

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of a project...   Thinking of a project... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 4:59 pm

ooo
somebody said 86... i gotta find this video of an 86 with a 20b motor in it, i have never seen anything disappear so fast its freakin crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of a project...   Thinking of a project... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking of a project...
Page 1 of 1