Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motor Swap Again

Go down 
+2
BrOkEn_Dc2
Disco
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 5:53 am

the tune problem goes alot deeper than im telling you on here. I dont want to slander those guys. He just didnt do everything that I would think he shouldve done. Simple things like setting the ignition timing. And checking to see if the knock sensor was disabled. I will talk to them about it more now that I know where I stand on the track. Dennis did stress how mild a tune he put at the ecu so thats his safe card for the car being slow.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 6:45 am

hmmmmm pm the what ur talkin bout so u dont slander anybody i ask cus i would like to know.

yea u should really talk with him bout that. i have seen him tune tons of cars turbo all motor nitros whatever so its not like he dont know what he is doing
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 7:55 am

fo sho I wouldnt have taken the car to them If I didnt knoe they were good at what they do. I always do my homework. I really just think either I got a rush job on the tune or a way too conservative tune. I also asked Dennis at the track about the car not shifting and he pretty much blew off and wouldnt hardly look at me. I guess I just have too high of expectations from a $230 tune that made the car slower and 4 days in the shop. Im buying CROME and gonna do it myself next time.
Back to top Go down
bp92gsr

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 4:22 pm

your car will be fast soon. keep in touch with me after basic let me know how things go.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 4:55 am

Heres the white valve cover with the lettering in black. A friend of mine painted it for me tonight. I have a carbon fiber plug cover comming in the mail too.
Motor Swap Again - Page 4 S8000531
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 4:54 am

Just thought id update with a new addition to the teg. Heres what you get (minus the cat) when you order a traction bar from Full Race. In my opinion theyre the best in the biz when it comes to traction bars.

Motor Swap Again - Page 4 S8000622
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 6:25 am

nice..........baller how much did that set u back
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 3:40 pm

$450
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 10:41 pm

Aweeeeee yeahhhhhhhhhh beyatches its about to on like donkey kong. I just got the new transmission this morning. Its a GSR w/lsd 7.4 final and gearspeed coated gears. Ill be back in tha game soon!!!!!
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 6:03 am

wow a 7.4 final drive thats freaking crazy your gonna be spinning like 8000 in high at 20 mph
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 6:34 am

Picked up the trans this morning and its in the car and ready for fluids.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 6:52 pm

OK so Ive got an update on the lack of power my car has. I took it to Adams to get some answers.

On the first tune I got the car was only making 135hp. If your wondering about my set up look in the previous posts and youll be shocked to hear how bad the power is. So it was the tune I got originally that was hurting the power. The map on the dyno was all over the place and dangerously lean after 6000rpm. When I left late last night it was still being tuned after the first adjujstment it was at 157 hp. Adams was thinking he would be able to get 170 hp out of it. Ill be very happy at 170 since its basically a stock set up at 10.4 compression just with hella good internals. So ill find out tonight what he was able to extract from the motor and what it made on the 100 shot of Nitrous.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 6:30 am

ok heres te verdict. 255hp on the 100 shot that the car is built to handle with 215 ft lbs tourqe. 163hp on motor. I am very happy with the results. The tuner said the car has a ton more potential with more no2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motor Swap Again
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4