Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hello!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
whitecivic98

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-02-24

hello!! Empty
PostSubject: hello!!   hello!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 7:52 am

hey everyone, i'm chris. livin' in miami, fl. i had a friend show me your site since i was basically fed up with some other forum ::cough::d-series-is-full-of-****::cough:: and i like the mood of this forum since everyone seems to be fun and chillin and wanting to help each other out so i decided to join. anywho, enough long-winded speeches. here's the pics:

hello!! L_fab956aa2b5abeb4a2e3693e2523ce8c

hello!! L_7f656b3cf031857f2c5b35d3099c039f

hello!! L_dad8c9498787de05c996f84ef6a184f0

hello!! L_90884ee9339cc3a6c0c8c3321d024bb4

I recently polished the headlights and resurfaced them and they look beautiful!! i then spray painted eyelids (couldnt find any that i like) but unfortunately i cant show off my work cuz i dont have a camera. I'm doing a photoshoot with a bunch of my friends and their cars on saturday so if ya'll are interested i'll post up the pics.

the engine pics pertain to the old D16Z6 i had in there.. (the previous owner wrecked the front end of the car and that resulted in the Z6 replacing the Y8 ) now i'm running a D15B looks exactly the same (except yellow s/p wires geek )

If ya want mods:
CAI (i installed the cold-air extension), APEX'I N1 Evo muffler, Accel 8mm S/P wires, VAFC w/ VTEC set to 4700 rpms, Y8 I/M, fuel rail, injectors, blahblahblah and E/M. I'm also runnin the Y8 ECU which causes the engine to run SUPER rich so my VTEC kicks in nicely at 4,700 rpms Very Happy

Upcoming mods:
got an CX exhaust manifold in the trunk and a TD04 may be well on the way.. Smile

if you guys wanna see more (altho there aint much to see), then you're more than welcome to check out my myspace page: [url]http://www,myspace.com/thehaloproject [/url]
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-02-12

hello!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello!!   hello!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 3:11 pm

welcome man
Back to top Go down
whitecivic98

hello!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello!!   hello!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 9:51 am

lol what a coincidence... who woulda thought you, of all people, would be here? lol

i guess i should change the last part of my original post and put the VENOM-500 setup i'm buyin along with a NOZ blue bottle (if i can find one)

btw dude, i changed my VTEC engagement on the VAFC to 4000 rpms and adjusted the fuel curve and now the car pulls sooooo beautifully!!!
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-02-12

hello!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello!!   hello!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 10:36 am

i know this sounds crazy but your vtec is set entirly to low, when vtec is set right you should not feel it engage at all,

what is happening is when the car switchs cam lobes your actually losing torque and horsepower at 4000 rpms because the cam profile isnt desined to make power at that rpm

the optimum vtec setting for a stock camed d motor is between 5300 - 5800, while for a more or less stock internal b18c1 the optimum vtec is between 4300 and 4600, i know this from HOURS of dyno exprenice

i wish i could put a dyno plot on here and explain my self but i dont have any, vtec engagement is the quickest fastest and easiest thing to tune on a dyno and for a stock compression naturally aspritated honda is the only computer modifications you can do to gain any real et on a race track, changing the af ratio and igntion timing in the computer will just hinder a car at your level now.

think of it as walking up 3 hills all the same height, the first is a slight slope then at one point the slope goes up real fast (vtec too early) the second you walk the same slight slope then you have to go down hill for a little while then sharp back up hill (vtec to late) the third you have a smooth consistent climb up the hill, remember all 3 reach the same point but which one is the least work to get there.

sorry for correcting you in your intro, doesnt mean i dont like just means im willing to help, if you have any questions just ask

edit ps leave it running rich when you first get the nitrous and learn to read you spark plugs, if you rich you wont hurt anything if you lean you melt plugs then blow headgaskets then you turn out with a block that looks like thishello!! 100_0138
Back to top Go down
BrOkEn_Dc2

BrOkEn_Dc2

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-01-18

hello!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello!!   hello!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 6:18 pm

^^^^ thats just an oil feed line hole Razz
Back to top Go down
whitecivic98

hello!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello!!   hello!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 7:38 pm

thanks for the info white crx, yeah i did notice a slight loss in power on take offs but i do notice the cars pulls harder while rolling. problem is i'm running the D16Y8 ecu which causes the car to run rich from about 4500 rpms on upwards. So i had originally set the VAFC to engage at 4500 rpms so i can reach redline which was nigh impossible before cuz it was runnin so rich.

thanks for helping Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

hello!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello!!   hello!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 5:56 pm

welcome good to have u with us

that block looks pretty custom lol!
Back to top Go down