Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncle Bennyz and the local scene

Go down 
+2
Orion
Disco
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Empty
PostSubject: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 2:58 pm

I just want to address what allot of other people on here have hit on and mentioned about the downward spiral for our local scene. I’ve been driving a modified Honda since around 2001. I started off in a Honda because the price was right, it was reliable and I could fit my surfboards in it and travel. The car was a 91-accord wagon. I loved that car more than anything.
Then "The Fast and Furious" came out in theaters and like everyone else at that time I went out and bought a fart can muffler, some plug wires and a CAI. I had what I though was an awesome street racer. That’s right I said a street racer. I used to street race the heck outta that thing. And believe it or not it was a quick car, never under estimate the F motor.
Anyway that’s when the tuner world was turned upside down and everything went crazy. There were meets everywhere with tons of people gathering to hang out. Nice truly respectable cars were few and far between. Most people out there were just like me. They had $300 in mods and thought we were cool. But that’s where it all started. Without all that rice and glam the scene wouldn’t be squat around here. After a while the scene died off and all that were left were the true tuners that loved wrenching and going relatively fast.
FF2(fast furious) came out and there was another small spike in the scene but nothing like the first. I’m sure its because that movie sucked donkey balls.
After a long wait out came FF3TD. If you don’t understand the acronyms by now then you’re a tard. And again we had a mild spike bigger than the last but short lived. We had fun meeting in the conference centers parking garage just like in TD. I even heard someone playing the sound track to TD one time I was there. I was cracking up at the irony and the fact that almost no one saw what was happening again.
Maybe its because im old and have been around long enough to see all this that im so aware of what’s happening to our scene. Its not so much that its dying off its just going back to the true tuners that really love there cars and are in for the long haul. Right now we are in the downward trend loosing the wanna bees and ricers and getting back to core tuning. Of course there are going to be the occasional drifters that wander into our scene and promptly bail after a few months but its good for us that it happens that way. Buy the time they’ve realized that its actually hard work to own and maintain a “fast car” (relative term) they will hopefully have bought some quality parts for their cars due to the guidance of long time tuners. Their cars will be running poorly due to no tune or a improperly combined sum of parts. So we get to buy them up cheap and press on like we always have.
Division is where we fail. (Just like me in third grade) We have to stick together to achieve our main goal which is to have a close knit core group of tuners that get along and love our little podunk scene. The response I get every time I mention UB to anyone new that doesn’t drive a Honda is “I don’t drive a Honda so I cant get on there”. We all know that’s a bunch of baloney so I cant stress enough to them that the forum is a “local tuner forum” with al types of cars from Fords to Nissans to VW’s and of course Hondas. So lets all work harder to promote this forum and unity amongst tuners.

Faithfully Disco
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 4:15 pm

yea i too long for teh way thing were in the old days but we cant live in the past. the past is dead. so like u said we need promote a postive scene with love for all not just hondas....ive said it before and i will say it again ub is not just a honda thing its an everyone thing like it says in the title

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

disco i cant believe u used to street race oooooo im telling lol
i dont care i just never thought i would hear those words coming out ur mouth....but u know me i will race whatever drag at teh track, autox, street race (as long as its not in traffic) run what u brung ftw
Back to top Go down
Clifford

Clifford

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 7:47 pm

BOLOGNA

lols.

a point you also missed, is getting the kids that are trying so hard to get into the scene and stay in , is get them to at least acknowledge your advice. I cant think of how many times ive told that kid with the white integra not to do what he is fixing to do.(the white cft ls vtec integra). I am only telling him what i tell him for his own well being and he just laughs at me like im some noob.

but i guess some people do have to learn the hard way.

(end frustration, long night)
Back to top Go down
lgnd6

lgnd6

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 8:42 pm

Yeah I wish I had got to know some people before I started doing things to my car to keep me from doing things the hard way...or at least the gay way. There is many times I can think of now, that I am glad I did not have the money to do what I thought I wanted to do at the time(ex. body kit, graphics, etc). That sentence is kind of confusing but you will figure it out eventually. I am so glad that I didn't go and buy a bunch of engine parts before I actually got an interest in finding out how an engine works. Now I feel like I am researching ALL the time. Anyway...I wish someone would have told me how retarted $5 simulation hood scoops from Kmart looked before I put them on my 4 door civic lx before I did it. Its kind of hard to sell your car when they are on and you cant get them off very easy.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 11:36 pm

im glad im not the only one that sees how the scene is
Back to top Go down
ECH257

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:10 am

Damn dont get me started on how the car scene has changed around here. I have been in the car scene here in Fort Walton since 1993, yes 1993.

I started off as a minitrucker. I was always into racing though. Had a small block chevy in my S-10 back then.

I was also into Hondas back then as well. I had a 90 CRX SI to race with. It had homemade mods. I think it went in the mid 15s way back then.

I then got a 1992 gsr, which I do still have. That car never saw a bodykit. It went a best time of 13.0 @ 109 with some help from our friend MR. Nitrous.

I have always been one to do all my on work for the most part.

I was in many local car groups during my time here also. However, I will never do the car club thing again. Too much crap to have to put up with.Those of you who have done them know what i am talking about.

end of rant, FLAME ON!
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:22 pm

Ive never been part of a "car club" just because ive always believed in unity not seperation. For yeasr I didnt know a single person into tuning so I was all alone Sad with noone to relate with so. Maybe I shouldve got into one just for support but I also thought my car was too lame to be seen in. Just cause it was a wagon. I wish I still had that car id slap a nitrous kit on it and be done Laughing
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:38 pm

ECH257: dang ur oldskool like me....93 huh do u remember a crew called lil rascals and negtive elevations...i remember those guy from back when i was in high school and shit....low rider trucks...systems...tvs...that shit was pimping back in the day
Back to top Go down
SilverDC5
Admin
SilverDC5

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 5:01 pm

The scene has definently gone through some big changes. I remember back in the day when i had my first civic....i thought it would be cool to have a bodykit and all that random crap. Thank god i didnt have the money for that when i got it painted so i never got one. Shortly after that i realized how retarded they were. There is a DVD i ordered not too long ago called The Pursuit Of Function......it about an hour long documentary about the whole tuning scene. heres a link to the trailer.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssqbMPZEm0c
Back to top Go down
ECH257

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 1:05 am

Orion I was in Lil Rascals with my old S-10. After they disbanded I was one of the founding members of Negative Elevations.

I had the lil S-10 with SBC. For a while I had 4 12" subs right in the rear window. Later I had 16 12" subs in the bed of it. Then I got rearended and left the scene.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 2:13 am

shit i member that truck from when i was in high skool...do u rember a guy name greg used to drive a primered truck and had really bad teeth but was a pretty kewl guy. and john with the astro van with 24 12's in the back and sponsered by dei. damn dude u and i are old skool for real
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 2:17 am

oh yea i almost forgot disco i just read that they are making a f&f 4 and they are bringing back paul walker and vin diesal....not like it really matters im sure it will bit the big one and give disco another reason to rant lol!
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 5:13 am

hell yeah it hasnt ben the same since that sexy ass Paul Walker got the axe.
Back to top Go down
SilverDC5
Admin
SilverDC5

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 6:42 am

F&F 4......whats this one gonna be based on?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Bennyz and the local scene   Uncle Bennyz and the local scene Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncle Bennyz and the local scene
Page 1 of 1