Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-11-07

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!   IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:16 am

So, today my buddy pat and i installed the new intake manifold. We came across some snags because the iac was bolted into the i/m whereas on the old manifold it was on the throttle body and some other plugs were different, so we blocked off the old IAC ,and at the end of the night i fixed it all by using the old throttle body from the y7, since it had all the orginal plugs and we didn't have to modify much. The only plug that had to be rewired was the harness for the iat (which is in the manifold and not in the intake itself) and i had to redo the throttle cable bracket since my throttle plate turns counterclockwise and the one that was on there was clockwise. here's the only picture i have right now. i also have to redo my intake so there are no bends in it, and yeah i'm gonna construct my own but i'll use a torch to make the bend so the airflow is as smooth as possible. next thing will be the new (obd1) p28. I think i might take it to adams to get the ecu flashed and retuned. then i can repin it for the vtec. watch out ladies and gents the (D)ragon is breathing.

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! Intake10
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!   IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:18 am

nice welcome to vtec
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!   IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:20 am

well not yet, i'm running single wire vtec (not safe) so i'm not gonna use it till i get the p28 installed . i got to get a jumper harness first. then i can get the vtec working properly. but it definitely puts me in the seat. major improvement on throttle response and overall power and torque.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!   IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:30 am

good job its nice to see other projects happening on here
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!   IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:40 am

it only took like 3 hours to swap it all over, the other 3-4 were spent cleaning it out since the car it was on prior to mine had been burning oil pretty bad, and it wasn't running right , till i got an idea and decided to put the y7 TB on it and run it again, and voila it ran like a champ. it scared me at first cuz it was a definite improvement. but yeah stay tuned more to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!   IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uncle Bennyz CrEw :: General Discussion :: General Discussion and Debate-
Jump to: