Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HID's

Go down 
+8
Randomneeha
SilverDC5
USDMDC4
AF_DEEDS
eksnail97
Orion
J-PRO
GSRCivic
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GSRCivic

GSRCivic

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2007-10-31

HID's Empty
PostSubject: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 6:43 pm

For those who have HID's...what color temp are you runnin? (ie. 4000k 6000k 8000k) Also, i'm planning on getting some, but will they work with the stock housing or do I need to get projectors? I assume they will work and that the Projectors just work better, but how good do they look with the stock housing? Also, since my stock housing has the crystalized Glass, would I need to get a different housing with the clear glass?

NOW DISCUSS... Very Happy

PS. Post pics if you have HIDS bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.race850.forumotion.com
J-PRO

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-11-03

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 6:54 pm

i have a 6000k mcculloughs kit and i don't have projectors. just make sure you don't get a cheap set because they're not quality controlled and you could end up with two different color beams and weak sauce components (ballasts), you always get what you pay for. also, i'm not 100% positive but i'm pretty sure you will need to swap out your headlights to ones with clear lenses. good luck bro and i didn't post any pictures because hids always look different in person. if you want i can show you mine next tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:12 pm

i sell hid kit yo so if u need one let me know

ok 4300k is ur brightest whitest light anything up from that is less light output ok that being said...i usally recomend the 6000k cus it looks alot like the s2000 some people go with the 8k for lil more blue tint brandon with the silverdc5 has 10k which are really blue.

i can also get any kelvin u want with custom colors i.e. red, blue, pink, etc.etc......

u gonna trow glare with those headlights u have now i would suggest getting sometype of projecter like eksnail has on his car it will help to cut down on the glare and help focus light

but now if u trully wanna be gangster u do a hid retro fit but ur talkin at least 500-600 bucks at least
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic

GSRCivic

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 9:53 pm

ok...what brand are they, and how much? Also, have you seen what some 3000k or 3500k's look like as headlights? I thought that would be pretty baller to have like a bright gold/Yellow. But if they're not bright I would probably go with 8000k because i like the way they look.
Back to top Go down
eksnail97

eksnail97

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-10-30

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:09 pm

mmm 8k yummy
Back to top Go down
AF_DEEDS

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-11-06

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 12:44 am

my truck has 8k's in it, they're by techone had them for bout 2 years now and work like a charm still

the hatch has 6k's in it and the same result except for the color is a little more light blue then dark blue/purple
Back to top Go down
USDMDC4

USDMDC4

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-11-16

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 12:50 am

what brand are the HIDS you sell? i may be interested in some
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:26 pm

even if i told u what brand it was would it make a difference

first of all a plug and play kit is a plug and play kit. my kit beats the techone kit and the mcullogh kits all day everyday. those kits do not come with relays and wiring harness. mine does the reason for this is that if u dont want to burn ur car to the ground or burn up ur headlight wires a year or so down the road then u need a harnesss with relay which comes with my kit.

yea i can get 3500k if u want them allthough i would not recomend them cus they are gonna be like super yellow or gold whatever u wanna call it but hey to each there own

i have sold quit a few kits to people on this forum if u wanna see if im on the level ask eksnail, randomneha, veilside850, silverdc5, and i have also sold them to omar, dustin w/ da, plus lots of others that i cant remember.

i dont sell these things to make a huge profit i do it cus i got the hookup and a get a killer kit with awsome customer service...just tryin to pass on the goodness the uncelebennyz crew
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:30 pm

One of the best HID Conversion kits on the market. The Bi-Xenon are TRUE Bi-Xenon Kits, look at the close up's of the duel beam kits. As with all of our kits, they are PLUG AND PLAY and come with relays already installed. Thats right, our kit comes with a relay harness. Don't be fooled by the other brands that don't have these. There are very few cars that can run without a relay harness and not burn out your factory connections. The only hassle you have is finding out where you want to mount the ballast. All of our kits are waterproof and vibration resistance. The pictures speak for themselves. As with all our kits, we stand behind them with a 1 YEAR NO HASSLE WARRANTY.

Every Single Xenon kit comes with:
2 Xenon bulbs
2 HID Ballast
Plug and Play Wiring Harness
Installation Guide
Mounting Hardware
1 YEAR NO HASSLE WARRANTY

Every Bi-Xenon kit comes with:
2 Dual beam Xenon bulbs
4 HID Ballasts
Plug and Play Wiring Harness
Mounting Hardware
1 YEAR NO HASSLE WARRANTY

Available Bulb Sizes: H1, H3, H4-Low, H4 Bi-xenon, H7, H8, H9, H11, H13, 9003, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, D2S / D2R

You can buy colors from 4,300k, 6,000k, 8,000k, 10,000k, 12,000k. Custom colors are $20 extra and are as follows; blue, yellow, purple. We can do other colors but these are the most common.

and i can get kits for bikes to
Back to top Go down
USDMDC4

USDMDC4

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-11-16

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 5:57 pm

how much for a 8k bi xenon 9006? send me a pm i got cash in hand
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 6:13 pm

pmd yo!
Back to top Go down
eksnail97

eksnail97

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-10-30

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 8:22 pm

smart move on the 8k
Back to top Go down
SilverDC5
Admin
SilverDC5

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2007-01-12

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 9:45 pm

im rocking my 10ks.....had em in the hatch and now the rsex
Back to top Go down
Randomneeha

Randomneeha

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-01-10

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 9:08 pm

def the 6k put out more visible light and higher put out more color do some research you'll see this plus with the 6k's you don't have to worry about cops hassling you granted cops around here don't bother you much but in other county's and states they deff. will ask the guy that drove the green eg with yellow lights on the drive to import face off. but if you do go with another color like the 8k's i will vouch for eksnail shit looks hot with projectors. Wish that the del sol's had an aftermarket projector kit so i could retro some real HID projectors in them.
Back to top Go down
Clifford

Clifford

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-10-21

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:58 am

6k is the lowest i would go, i prefer the 4300k in yellow, but im just gangster, im not a fan of the ricey blue so much.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 6:24 pm

well acutally if u want yellow u would want 3000k which i can get but dang boi i bet i would take no time for the popo to pull u over

if u want i can get 4300k with a custome color of yellow but 3000k is already yellow
Back to top Go down
Clifford

Clifford

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 6:37 pm

thats what i meant, i would get the 4300k with custom yellow , you wouldnt last with 3k headlights, might be able to pull of the fogs though lol
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:04 am

yea thats what i was gonna do when i had my usdm frontend was a set of 6k for the headlights and a set of 3k for the fogs would have been mad bright i need to talk somebody in to puttin them into there jdmfogs on there usdm frontend teg

eeeehmmmmm veilside850 eeeehmmmmmm lol!
Back to top Go down
Clifford

Clifford

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:07 am

lets get it poppin lol
Back to top Go down
veilside850

veilside850

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-08-07

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:17 am

Orion wrote:
yea thats what i was gonna do when i had my usdm frontend was a set of 6k for the headlights and a set of 3k for the fogs would have been mad bright i need to talk somebody in to puttin them into there jdmfogs on there usdm frontend teg

eeeehmmmmm veilside850 eeeehmmmmmm lol!

Haha
How bout as a christmas present to myself eh mark?

That would look ballin.
Back to top Go down
LaydOutAccord

LaydOutAccord

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-11-22

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:33 am

i have 8000K
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic

GSRCivic

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 12:01 am

Alright...so i've been looking into it and I think I may buy some Infiniti FX35 Bi-Xenon Projectors and retro fit them into my OEM housing. Any input Good or bad?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 4:23 pm

dude i told u what to do at the meet why do u keep askin the same ?

ok for i will say it again if u wanna spend 1000 bucks for a retro then yea its gonna kill the hid kit in a big way but if u just wanna plug an play kit the hid upgrade is nice

yea u can do a retro fit urself and save some cash if u feel confident puttin ur headlights in the oven to take them apart and also confident in getting them sealed back up right so no mosture gets in plus gettin everything all linedup....no if u send it off to somebody they are gonna charge u and i bet after its all said and done with parts and labor it wont be far from a grand....i know i priced them....and if u wanna to it right u use s2000 projecters and if u dont wanna spend that much u use either tsx or tl projectors its up to u but like i said before

retro > hid kit
retro $ > hid kit $
retro install > hid kit install
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic

GSRCivic

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 4:46 pm

Well...first of all, I posted that before the meet, so like you said, i already got a lot of feed back on it before anyone posted on here.

BUT after staying up till about 1 last night looking at stuff for retrofitting, I think I could do it. People have good things to say about the fx projectors and since there was a recall on the actual FX Headlights, the projectors are selling for cheap (about $70) and they're fully functional Bi-Xenon cheers . Then I can get some other headlights off ebay to put them in so I can take my time ($50-$100), then get the HID's ($150). I can do all the wiring myself (done plenty of it)...and I also took apart my 04 headlights and painted them black, so I know how to do that(don't use the oven, I used a heat gun...more control bounce ). So...overall, for about 120-175 (give or take for sealant and JBWeld, I could have some custom made "OEM Civic Projector Headlights" and 150 more for the HID's and I'm set...whatcha think?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 4:55 pm

cool more power to ya......have fun

didnt mean that to sound harsh if it did Cool
Back to top Go down