Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stupid vtec solenoid

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2007-11-07

stupid vtec solenoid Empty
PostSubject: stupid vtec solenoid   stupid vtec solenoid Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 6:14 am

so found out today that my vtec solenoid is shit.....it was working when i put the motor in but i guess sometime after the fact it decided to stick open therefore causing the valvetrain to not properly oil itself right and that is why i have the chatter, on #1 . so went to Advance tonight and got some rubber gasket paper and blocked that bitch off, however whatever damage there is has been done. i will get it fixed this week.

I've also decided as well as Pat (my mechanic) to not pull the head since nothing is wrong down below, and the head gasket is not blown. Joey, it has a 3 layer H/G and getting the one for the 97 dx will only up the compression since it is a 2 layer. the only spot that is leaking oil is the distributor O ring. nothing else. I live by the old adage that if it ain't broke don't fix it. and it for sure has pm7's in it. put a bore scope on it and it's stamped right in the piston. and pat has pictures of it before the head was put on and you can see the stamp and the huge ass dome sitting about the block deck. i appreciate the concern and suggested advice, however, i made the choice to not follow through on that. timing is also not an issue. i will still be at the mini-meet to lend a hand or what not. but the d-series surgery will not be performed. thank you
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: stupid vtec solenoid   stupid vtec solenoid Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 2:37 pm

well then bring some degreaser or engine brite and a distributor seal so we can get that bitch to stop leaking and clean her up. What parts are effed up due to the improper oiling? We might have enough spares laying around to get it fixed up. ANd one last thing how do you know the timing is spot on?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: stupid vtec solenoid   stupid vtec solenoid Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 3:59 pm

good luck to u i hoped nothing is fawked
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: stupid vtec solenoid   stupid vtec solenoid Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:54 am

i think i might have taken a piece of the cam lobe off or ground it down on the # 1. seems to be where the chatter is coming from. i'm gonna rip in to it some more tonight or tomorrow night. if i have to i still have the valvetrain from the other motor and from the research i did......it should work. but yeah i'll bring what we need to fix it. i just want the chatter to stop aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.....it's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: stupid vtec solenoid   stupid vtec solenoid Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:40 am

your driving the car way too much for that amount of damage!!!
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: stupid vtec solenoid   stupid vtec solenoid Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 5:07 am

well seeing as how it is my only way of getting to and from work i have to drive it.......i'll just have to deal with the consequences and fix what's wrong. pat has plenty of spare parts and already told me that if it eventually blows up.......we're doing a B transplant. so i'm not worried. i just want it to stop chattering. and i wasn't able to check it out tonight so i will investigate further. and i'm not driving like a bat out of hell. i mean performance hasn't decreased at all it just chatters. so it's like driving miss daisy when i drive......i slowly get up to speed.
Back to top Go down
honda pat

honda pat

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-11-29

PostSubject: Re: stupid vtec solenoid   stupid vtec solenoid Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 3:09 am

he is runnin 13 degrees timing cause he is runnin pump gas, if he runs race gas he can bring it around to about 18 to 20. if he runs his timing any higher than that on pump gas the spark knock alone would probably break a ring land.
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

PostSubject: Re: stupid vtec solenoid   stupid vtec solenoid Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 4:35 am

he didnt tell me he was running 13 degrees base timing he said 13 timing advance so i was assuming he was running 29 degrees base...
Back to top Go down
honda pat

honda pat

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-11-29

PostSubject: Re: stupid vtec solenoid   stupid vtec solenoid Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 4:49 am

13 base is all til he gets race gas
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

PostSubject: Re: stupid vtec solenoid   stupid vtec solenoid Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:35 am

now you can probly see why i doubted it had p29 pistons in it if he had been running a 13 degree advance (29 degree base) on pump gas
Back to top Go down
ho2nvda

ho2nvda

PostSubject: Re: stupid vtec solenoid   stupid vtec solenoid Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:37 pm

sorry about the confusion joey, i was just trying to remember what was done.

took the valvetrain off the other night and the cam is spotless. also did something that i don't think has been done before....... i put the y7 valvetrain on it and adjusted lash. it lopes at idle, and the intake rockers are riding on the vtec lobe.. it runs great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stupid vtec solenoid   stupid vtec solenoid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stupid vtec solenoid
Page 1 of 1