Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Holt

Go down 
+3
Orion
Disco
AILS98
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 6:41 am

oh i dont care about a 50 roll or not it dont matter to me i will run whatever and would luv to see u have ur turbo setup done a running whatever it is big setup or small the more the merryer i say

but what i was sayin is there just seems to be a lot of anti turbo people around here in this area not the forum. sayin things like turbo setups dont last blah blah blah all i was sayin is i didnt agree with this and was wonderin where it was coming from i.e. lack of experance

and a comment like "Turbos are for towing and Nitrous is for racing" to me just seems a little lame scratch
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 6:42 am

oh and go ahead and bring the heat. i only ever raced from 50 roll in the winter when its cold

but hey when ever ur game im ready lets see what u got
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 6:45 am

spoon i dont really agree with u any more after riding and driving in christians car witch is a turbo d and is sporty for sure his car totally changed my mind about d-series

a properly built d can be pretty stout in the right setup
Back to top Go down
BrOkEn_Dc2

BrOkEn_Dc2

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 6:57 am

Orion wrote:
spoon i dont really agree with u any more after riding and driving in christians car witch is a turbo d and is sporty for sure his car totally changed my mind about d-series

I'm just saying, with the money you spend on a D you can buy a B and do many of the same and be faster, reliable and cheaper(To an extent). Of course any motor, with any set up, with whatever tunning, and how ever much money can always beat another motor.

B series are legendary for a reason, although soon to be over run by the K series, but K still has a ways to go...
Back to top Go down
ECH257

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-02-14

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:04 am

I guess you dont understand the importance of my saying. Turbos as in turbodiesel.

yes my car is a sohc small turbo car so you shoudnt have a problem beating it Rolling Eyes

Joey I need to get my 4 door to your house to finish it. I got to have a lil fun. I will check next week and see how much a bearing kit is so I can go ahead and replace all the bearings while it is out. Ummm I will have to get a oil feed line also for the trubo. dont need a boost controller. I have the manual boost controller. i think that is about all I need to finish it. oh yea the starter and alternator. i can find some at the junkyard. I wonder how big a drag radial I can fit under the fender. oh well who cares if it sticks out.
Back to top Go down
ECH257

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:12 am

Spoon07 wrote:
Orion wrote:

I'm just saying, with the money you spend on a D you can buy a B and do many of the same and be faster, reliable and cheaper(To an extent). Of course any motor, with any set up, with whatever tunning, and how ever much money can always beat another motor.

B series are legendary for a reason, although soon to be over run by the K series, but K still has a ways to go...

spoon lets do some math here:

B16 - 1250+ shipping (that is the price listed on most sites)
B series tranny - atleast 300
wiring harness - 80
motor mounts - 300?

total is 1930 and that is if you do it yourself. if you pay for it to be installed well add about 1000 to that price. All that for a stock motor that is rated at 160 hp. you are lucky to put down 140 at the wheels.

D series comes in the car - 0
intake - 150
exhaust - 300
turbo kit - 1000 max (build it yourself and not buy a complete kit from anyone cause they are a ripoff and usually wont make good power.)
hondata - 500
tuning - 400

total is 2350 and you have well over 200 whp.

See where I am going with this?

I know you are going to say do all that to the B series and see what it does. Well if you do that add a couple thousand more to the B swap.
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:26 am

spoon ive got $1700 in my car as it sits. that includes buying the car. its a d motor that runs mid 13s , cheap, quick, and basic, yet still dependable only thing i break anymore is trannies. your brothers got more in his cylinder head than i do my entire long block.

orion, the reason there is not much support in the area for turbo cars is there is no 1/4 mile racetrack in the area. nitrous cars work for better than turbo cars in the 1/8th.

turbo cars can be very fast hell they all have very impressive mph but it takes a metric shit ton of setup to make them work just right, everything needs to be perfect to get the full potential from the motor to the suspension to the driver. or else you never get the 60fts right, and just because you have a turbo car right this week doesnt mean it will still be right next week,

if i was street racing i would like a turbo they work really well after 40mph but 1/8th mile drag racing in this area give me jodies old nitrous d motor that went 7.2s

ive had fun just messing with you orion, i didnt really mean anything by it, when i first got here everybody was really down talking the d and gave it no respect so to gain some respect for the d i gave the fastest guy here , which happened to be you, some shit just to prove a point.

in the big picture of things we are all slow as hell
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:46 am

DANG

spoon you gotta do more homework before you go up against the likes of theese guys.

I know Little white crx very well. The guy eats sleeps and breathes drag racing. Not just Honda drag racing either. His entire life is and has been devoted to racing and racing only, for I know, more than the past five years. The guys got enough trophies stacked on the walls to encircle his entire 2 car garrage numerous times. Lary dont play either hes die hard racing and a honda whiz.

You might wanna re check your pricing on motor builds and parts comparing sohc and dohc motors. sohc is allways way cheaper and lighter to boot.

Its great to see some real contraversy in here sparking great discussion. There will always be haters out ther and there will always be ignorant people hatin on each others rides and methods. Try being a die hard addict of N02. Thats when the real haters come outta the wood work to spout off lame comments like bottles are for babies and Nitrous is cheating. We all love what we drive and love getting faster by whatever means nessesary. I LOVE MY CAR

DISCO
Back to top Go down
BrOkEn_Dc2

BrOkEn_Dc2

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 8:00 am

Ok ok ok, please excuse my ignorance Embarassed I don't want any kind of flame war on here. Maybe I am too "new school" to understand D's Razz. At least out of all this I will learn something and that is what I am on these boards for. Remember I am 18... although I think I know everything, I don't Razz Razz lol! lol!

IMO I prefer B-series, the B18c1 came with my car, so I have never had to truly deal with a D Sad
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 8:07 am

everything seems to make more sense on a d motor they are significantly easier to work on, much cheaper, hold up just as well, have all the same after market support ,

ps the sohc larry is talking about is not a d, think a little bigger,

in all reality if i was gonna build in all out fast honda motor i would build an f22a6 (2.2 sohc non vtec) the head on this motor flows better than the most ported b heads out there, why do you think bisomoto runs that motor in his insight?
Back to top Go down
ECH257

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 8:09 am

spray your B18C1 and you can run mid 8s in the 1/8th. that is with only a 75 shot. it has been done a few times.
Back to top Go down
BrOkEn_Dc2

BrOkEn_Dc2

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 8:19 am

DA6GSR wrote:
spray your B18C1 and you can run mid 8s in the 1/8th. that is with only a 75 shot. it has been done a few times.

Lol, For this build I'm going to just go with a built motor with no Nitro, no turbo, no s/c. The biggest thing I may get is ITB's but thats down the road...
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 3:04 pm

No ones flaming on you spoon we all know your a tard. Just joking lol! Ha ha its ok to be 18 and young we were all there once. But if you want to respected and taken seriously then do alot more homework before you decide to tell everyone what your gonna do to your car. Wink

If you plan on using "NITRO" you might want to look into buying an RC Car. Or fall into a Shit Ton of money so you can buy everything youll need to support "NITRO" in your car as well as a full crew to maintain it.

As for ITBs while they look awesome and work gteat theyre a MotherFucker to tune and keep tuned. Thats why you dont see anyone around here running them.

Now for real. Im sure by saying "NITRO" you meant Nitrous there is a big difference. Nitro is a liquid fuel and Nitrous is a gas form power adder. Nitrous is fun as hell but like anything requires a good tune to keep from screwing shit up.

OK thats it for now have a god day everyone
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 3:38 pm

is that the f22 that came in the accord cus i was told that in the 90-93 accord body style that the f22 block is made out of iron instead of aluminum perfect for boostin
Back to top Go down
BrOkEn_Dc2

BrOkEn_Dc2

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 3:48 pm

Disco wrote:
No ones flaming on you spoon we all know your a tard. Just joking lol! Ha ha its ok to be 18 and young we were all there once. But if you want to respected and taken seriously then do alot more homework before you decide to tell everyone what your gonna do to your car. Wink

If you plan on using "NITRO" you might want to look into buying an RC Car. Or fall into a Shit Ton of money so you can buy everything youll need to support "NITRO" in your car as well as a full crew to maintain it.

As for ITBs while they look awesome and work gteat theyre a MotherFucker to tune and keep tuned. Thats why you dont see anyone around here running them.

Now for real. Im sure by saying "NITRO" you meant Nitrous there is a big difference. Nitro is a liquid fuel and Nitrous is a gas form power adder. Nitrous is fun as hell but like anything requires a good tune to keep from screwing shit up.

OK thats it for now have a god day everyone

Yea I ment nitrous, didn't even think about it. As fot the ITBs, I understand the whole bitch to maintain and tuning part which is why I was still debating if it is worth it, especially on a DD. Which is why I was thinking of doing it later down the road and buy a new DD.

I have been researching a lot on the build I want to do, and trying to do everything right! BTW Disco where is a good local place to get my block honed or bored a bit. And what is the usual price on something like that?
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 8:56 pm

the f22a6 is an aluminum block, but like the h it is closed deck, they are nice because of the head and the availability for cheap.

itbs are definitely not worth it. its not possible to make the runners long enough to work effectively at the lower rpms a that keep a motor living very long.

a 8.9 1/8th mile all motor car is less dependable than a 7.50 turbo or nitrous car. this is because the extremly high rpms and high compression you need to make power on a motor car.
Back to top Go down
bp92gsr

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-02-15

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 9:24 pm

Disco wrote:
DANG

spoon you gotta do more homework before you go up against the likes of theese guys.

I know Little white crx very well. The guy eats sleeps and breathes drag racing. Not just Honda drag racing either. His entire life is and has been devoted to racing and racing only, for I know, more than the past five years. The guys got enough trophies stacked on the walls to encircle his entire 2 car garrage numerous times. Lary dont play either hes die hard racing and a honda whiz.

DISCO
oh yeah while were on the subject, that brandon guy can drive the shit out of some cars too. lol
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 3:36 pm

hey guys I believe Gary Michael is gonna be there friday night with his camera. Hes putting together a racing video it should be Hot. Everyone that can needs to show so he can get lots of footage. With a lot of luck ill be there with my car ready.
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 5:06 pm

i will have my car there, and will be up in the tower as always if gary still wants my teitnes shot in his video dave knows where to find me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Holt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holt   Holt - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holt
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5