Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motor Swap Again

Go down 
+2
BrOkEn_Dc2
Disco
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 6:16 am

thanx B. Heres what I did tonight. Im taking advantage of my misfortune while the motor is out AGAIN!!

Ok so tonight I went outside in my flippies and socks to finish up the ABS delete. I picked up the 2 RS front brake lines from honda that cost about fifty bucks. As it turned out all I really neded to buy was the passenger side line, I could have reused the driver side by just cutting it shorter and putting a bend in it. Ohh well. It was only like six dollars so it was worth it. Other than the one thats all I had to buy. A friend gave me the Prop valve, Thanx Joey, and I used the stock booster and MC from my LS. Heres the pics.

start with bleeding the system
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000420

pulling the ABS
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000421

heres the lines and prop valve from a CRX
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000422

heres the passenger line its the easy one
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000423

heres the driver side its kinda tough to run just right
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000424

heres the prop valve in place
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000425

heres me making the lines with the flaring tool
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000428

heres how I made my bends
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000426

here it is a hooked up
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000427

ok so thats it for tonight ill bleed it all tomorrow and see if it worked.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 6:56 am

Hey I thought id update my progress. I got news that I might get my bottom end back this week. I cant freakin wait!!!
Back to top Go down
BrOkEn_Dc2

BrOkEn_Dc2

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 7:14 am

YAY! bounce
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 2:47 pm

so u gonna be at the track with it this fri or what

disco great job on the build man u really have put a hell of a lot of work into that car and it freakin shows

also nice job on the write up so u were just pullin the abs to save weight right

i have a gsr and have seen the dyno diff but the car just felt smoother and would smoke another gsr with stock mani so i still say psssssh to the gsr mani
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 10:20 pm

We shouldve started another thread just for the GSR Mani debate. Ha ha. Every respected honda builder in theis area that ive spoken to says that the stock mani is a holy freakin terror in the 1/8 mile. (Adams, Lorange,S&P,and Lightning in LA.) All them agree for my build its the way to go. Since im mainly going to race localy and I want a peppy street car then im sticking with it for a while. When I add direct port nitrous then I might think about changing it out for another. MAybe. You have to remember one thing about my build. Im not ever going to exceed the stock rev limit. So do your homework and see where the manufacturers brag about the biggest power gains for there manifolds. You will be suprised. Adams has dyno sheet proving my point for my build. Laughing

Thankyou very much for the recognition about my car. I love to hear it of course. And after all ive been through Ive learned tons and tons of lessons about building a race car. I say race car cause this will be as close as I will ever come to owning a real race car so to me thats what it really is. Ill drive it almost daily in the eavnings but or the most part this car will never see any real miles between rebuilds.

As for the ABS. It never has worked since ive owned the car and its just not nessessary for what I plan to do with the car. I also wanted the extra room in the engine bay and of course it cleanes it up tons by gettting rid of it. The weight savings was somewhere around 20-25 lbs just a rough guess. By having that space in the engine bay clear it leaves me room to route my air filter even further away from the hot engine and I am probably gonna mount my nitrous silanoids in the same area.

Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000429
something like this... I think... im still tryting to come up with a really clean way to mount it all. its tough. Ive already spent like three days on it and still dont like the configuration. We'll see no biggie. Today I bought the fitings the run my purge line in a way that I think will be most bitchen. Ill take pics.

I will be at the track this friday night im sure the car wont be ready by then though. If I get the motor tomorrow night like S&P said I might then I will have it in the car tues night and done by Wed night. But once again I still need to take it to Lorange and let them work the Chrome Magic.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 1:00 am

ok here ya go I couldnt get it the way I wanted cause I cant find just the right fitting. Maybe ill do it later.

Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000431
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 2:19 pm

dont get me wrong though im not dissing ur gsr mani

i would really like to see that thing run at the track asap
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 2:36 pm

Ohh yeah i dont think yer dissing it your just sold on something different. Its cool we all like what we like.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 4:35 pm

its not that im sold on something else its just that i used my butt dyno and could feel the diff between my gsr mani and my skunk2 ( i dont even really like the skunk2 all that much but i got a killer deal so i couldnt pass up if i could do it all over again i think i would get the eddlebrock and yea i know they are all designed to have topend peak hp) but when i but the intake mani on i also put on a header a full exhaust so it really liked to pull on the top end like crazy.....but its nice to see somebody doin something diff
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 11:41 pm

Here we go again with assembling the ls vtec. I had a local machine shop that specializes in Hondas fix the bottom end after my lack of oil pressure on the last build. The Eagle crank had to be turned. The New head and block got machined. I had them install all the new internals this time. Just FYI Im running the lightned balanced eagle crank and rods w/Arias pistons and rings, and clevite bearrings.

Heres the bottom end all assembled with new GSR oil pump. Im not taking any chances.
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000418
heres my head and makeshift work area.
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000419
Bolted up the flywheel after checking all the tourqe specks on the rear main seal
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000420
No I didnt have it resurfaced maybe I should have I dunno no one said it was nessasary but I mase sure to clean it and the pressure plate.
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000421
using the clutch alignment tool to line up the clutch
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000422
and bolting up the pressure plate
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000424
now its time for the oil pick up and sheild. I made sure to clean the heck out of them after spinning a bearing and replaced the pick up gasket
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000425
now I set the oil pan gasket into place and dropped on the pan after cleaning the heck out of it
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000426
Heres it all bolted down
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000427

Now its time to pick that bugger up and set it on the ground to line up the transmission. I used the 2X4 to level the motor for the trans to slide in place easier
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000428
Once the trans is bolted on its all pretty easy from here like bolting the new water pump and thermostat on
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000429
heres the golden eagle conversion adapter and that weird box that I dont know what its called.
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000430

so far thats it im gonna go back outside in a min and get it ready to drop in place. Il update later if anyone sees anyhthing they would have done different or that I missed feel free to comment.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 5:35 am

OK time to bolt more accessories on

heres the starter I had it rebuilt and painted
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000431

heres the slightly modified tensioner and alt bracket etc
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000432

alright this is the part I like droppin her in
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000433

transmission side goes in first I put in the mount bolt and let the motor pivot down
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000434

and lower the driver side mount into its cradle it takes a little twisting to get the bolts to thread
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000435

heres the biggest pain in my rear I hate this bracket it can be a bear but in my case with no head or intake manifold it was pretty easy
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000436

here it is in place it takes rocking the motor a bit but it went in fine
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000437

heres the alternator rebuilt and painted like the starter and my valve cover. I also switched to a wiks oil filter. The guys at Eagle sugested against a fram filter. This one is black so im gonna try it
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000438

Ok so ill do some more tomorrow and update it some more. Comments welcome
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: update   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 6:35 pm

ok another update

heres the ac compressor going back in. It gets hot in Fl so I opted to keep it
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000439

And the lower motor mounts
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000440

if your keping your ac like me dont forget to put the ac belt around the driver side lower mount
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000441

ok time to reinstall the axles
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000442

the driver side it a bit harder due to it being longer and has this braket its still not hard just heavierMotor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000443

for some reason I allways wait to put the flywheel inspection plate and transmission to block bracket till after the motors in the car I dunno why.
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000444

Ok now to reattach the shift linkage. This pin can be insanely hard to remove without the right tools
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000445

Heres what I found works for getting that pin out. I didnt want to go out and buy a punch so I found a bolt in my box thats just a hair smaller than the pin. Then get the old hammer out and tap that bugger out. I can take some stout tapping.
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000446

once the pin is back in put the retainer thingy back in place and rotate it so the pin is captured
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000447

alright as usual comments are welcome Ill go back out after lunch
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 4:05 pm

hell of a nice wright up mang good job on the build its lookin killer i love the blk starter

as far as the flywheel goes my old school mopar buddy says always turn the flywheel always but lorange says yea sometimes u need to and sometimes u dont last i told them to do it but they told me it didnt need to be done so they didnt do it and its fine
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 8:13 pm

Hey thats really good to hear about the flywheel. I didnt even think about it till the last min. Heres a teaser pic im gonna do somethin I think will be sick to this freshly Painted Emeron White Valve cover. Its just temperarily set in place. By the way the significanse(sp?) of the valve cover being Emeron is nothin like to stick to it and its insanely hard paint,
my NOS bottle is painted with the same stuff.

Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000510

The verdict is still out on wether or not I like the super brightness of the white. Right now im rockin the black one.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 1:20 am

i persoly fuckin love the white that shit looks killa illa ive been wanting to do something with my valve cover for a min now and now i think u gave me an idea

again great job man i think she is coming together nicely alien
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 3:40 am

ok so heres some more progress. I kinda got lazy with the pics cause all this stuff should be pretty easy and self explanitory.

Heres the intake mani gettin tourqued down. I already transferred all the misc components like V tec silanoid and oil fittings.
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000511

heres the head gasket copper coated with the dowel pins in place
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000512

gotta snug up the new gsr head bolts and tourqe them down in the proper order. My wife suprised me this morning with a brand new crafstman torque wrench and speed wrench
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000513

getting the wiring harness in place
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000514

my freshly painted valve cover ready for some artwork
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000515

gettin the cams and cam caps set in place
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000517

I know it sounds silly bit this took hours to get ran just right. It started its life as a LS Cold air intake. Then I used it as a gsr short ram and now its this. Im still not sure if I like it whaddya think?
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000518

here it is almost finished with my old black valve cover. ANd the header bolted in place. Thanx Ashley for bolting it on.
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000519

Alright folks comments welcome
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 4:27 am

props for doin something kinda different with the intake but ehhh i dont know if u will notice a difference or not but worth a try

what kinda header is that ? also do u plan on dyno and are u gonna dyno it at the dyno day
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 4:33 am

Im not expecting any performance gain form the intake just tryin to clean thins up a bit. And be different.

The header is a Megan Racing header Its nice.

I hope to dyno it some day I dunno about dyno day? $60 right?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 6:40 am

ehhh come on help support the scene besides it can only get better they are tryin to make this a yearly thing
Back to top Go down
BrOkEn_Dc2

BrOkEn_Dc2

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 7:01 am

Disco wrote:
Hey thats really good to hear about the flywheel. I didnt even think about it till the last min. Heres a teaser pic im gonna do somethin I think will be sick to this freshly Painted Emeron White Valve cover. Its just temperarily set in place. By the way the significanse(sp?) of the valve cover being Emeron is nothin like to stick to it and its insanely hard paint,
my NOS bottle is painted with the same stuff.

Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000510

The verdict is still out on wether or not I like the super brightness of the white. Right now im rockin the black one.

Thats the color I painted my brothers valve cover! Smile
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 7:20 am

ok all assembled I still havn't started it up. Ill do it tomorrow. Im nervous as heck after all ive been through with this build.

heres a few shots
Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000520

Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000521

Motor Swap Again - Page 2 S8000522
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 4:38 pm

looks good mang me personally i like the white valve cover better than the blk but dont get me wrong it looks good to
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:47 pm

Well its up and running. I finnaly got the balls to crank it up this morning. It started right up and runs great. I have what I think is a tap comming from the head closest to the Distributor. Im not sure if its the way it should sound or if something is a little out of adjustment? Other than that it idles perfectly and is holding oil pressure
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 3:58 pm

hell yea now get that mofo tuned and bring it out and lets seem what she will do
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 9:36 pm

I have an apointment on Mon at lorange to be tuned. Ill be at the track on friday maybe sat too. Wifey will be out of town so I think ill bracket race saturday!!!! Lord knows I need some seat time. When Travis let me drive his car last friday I red lighted twice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motor Swap Again
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next