Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Must I sleeve my block!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BrOkEn_Dc2

BrOkEn_Dc2

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Must I sleeve my block! Empty
PostSubject: Must I sleeve my block!   Must I sleeve my block! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 5:50 pm

Over summer while my brother is away at Paris Island I'm pulling my motor and doing a complete build on it... I am hoping for 230-250 WHP after I am all done and tuned.

How important do you think it is for me to get a closed sleeved? I can't quite decide weather I want to keep my GSR block or just go for a B20...
How much does getting your block sleeved normally cost?
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Must I sleeve my block!   Must I sleeve my block! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 9:21 pm

its over 1000 to get the block sleeved right, and for only 250 hp you wont need to have it sleeved,

to get 230 -250 on motor you are going to need to spin it real high with alot of compresion (13.0-1), you are also going to need alot of head work and dont be surprised when the valve springs you need to turn the high rpms wear the timing belt tensioner and camshaft out extra early, that kind of horsepower on motor wont be a long lived street motor
Back to top Go down
Clifford

Clifford

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Must I sleeve my block!   Must I sleeve my block! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 3:57 pm

what he said is right, now you also didnt state weather or not you plan on keeping the C1 head, because that will be a factor as well, it will be easier to get that power on a pr3 style head, be it b16 or c5 head. and you dont need to be sleeved for that amount of power, i would suggest how ever just stroking it to 2.1 or so with 13.0-1 compression or 14.0.1 and rev to at least 10k rpms, wont be a cheap build, but you will get the power you are looking for, if not more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Must I sleeve my block!   Must I sleeve my block! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Must I sleeve my block!
Page 1 of 1