Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good news and bad news...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GSRCivic

GSRCivic

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2007-10-31

Good news and bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Good news and bad news...   Good news and bad news... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:00 am

Alright, so I got the new motor mount put in and the new clutch master cylinder. The insane rattle and vibrating that my car was doing is gone and the clutch is finally fully engageing (I had almost forgot what it was supposed to feel like). You guys should have seen the mount that I replaced. The bushing inside was completely ripped apart and the bushing inside just FELL OUT without even moving it. I was like "no wonder the car was shaking so bad"...there was nothing holding the motor in place. This was also a big reason why I was having trouble shifting...so the car is running smooth as butter cream now and is shifting a lot better... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Now to the Bad news... Neutral ...downshifting to 2nd...NOOOOO WORKIE! Doesn't matter what RPM it's at, it won't go unless i'm going like 5-10 mph. First to second is going smoother than ever, but even if i'm just casually driving and am in 3rd or 4th and take a turn for instance and need to down shift to second at about 15-20 mph...won't go. Doesn't grind or anything, it just won't go. If I go slow and double clutch or if i kinda slide it partially into first, then it will go into second. DANG IT Mad . Thinking maybe a bent shift fork from what I was told and what research I've done pale . But it still feels 400 times better between the shift linkage bushings, new top motor mount, and the Master Cylinder. Just hoping to one day have it to %100. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.race850.forumotion.com
GSRCivic

GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news...   Good news and bad news... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 3:22 pm

Oh...and I believe we figured out what the oil leak was down below...the oil pan was missing a nut so the seal wasn't tight. And some of the other nuts were loose. So, hopefully that's fixed too... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news...   Good news and bad news... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 3:52 pm

Hooray
Back to top Go down
GSRCivic

GSRCivic

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news...   Good news and bad news... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 4:23 pm

Anybody ever had a bent fork in the tranny? Wonderin what type of $$$ i'd be looking at spending to get it fixed if that's what it is... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news...   Good news and bad news... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good news and bad news...
Page 1 of 1