Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motor Swap Again

Go down 
+2
BrOkEn_Dc2
Disco
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 2:47 pm

OK heres ther deal. I got my crank and block from a friend of a friend for a "good deal". I had the block bored honed notched and cleaned. Ever since the build ive been having low oil pressure. I replaced all the bearings in the motor with Honda bearings matched to the crank and block stock specs. Well we took the bearings out yesterday to measure the clearance and discovered that the main bearings are too small. Someone mustve had the crank machined at some point in its life. Bummer for me. No biggie though cause I still have my origonal crank from my LS. It looks like im either gonna pull the whole motor again or try and just pull the tranny free from the block along with the oil pump and get the crank out that way. Ill go ahead and get some new bearings and be done with it.

If anyone else here has removed the tranny from the block without pulling the motor let me know how that was. I think i'll still just pull the whole thing so I can get re aquainted with my motor and hunt down my oil leak. Ive got everything here at the house that I need to do the job except a tourqe wrench wich ill borrow. This will be my third swap, one in my car and one in a civic so its no biggie. Ill keep everyone updated.
Back to top Go down
BrOkEn_Dc2

BrOkEn_Dc2

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 7:29 pm

I pulled off my tranny to install my clutch and lightweight flywheel while the whole motor was in the car. Total install was 8 hours start to finish.... we removed the mounts for the tranny and one of the motor mounts so we could angle the motor, put a jack under the trans loosened bolts, removed starter, shift linkedge... and so on... I can't remember everything we had done... but it isn't to hard and it is possible! with the right friends!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 7:44 pm

ive pulled a tranny out with out pullin the motor to replace the clutch but i have never tried to pull a crankshaft with the motor in the car. if it was me i would just pull the hole motor out of the car because it will be easyer to work on and everything
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 12:07 am

Yup I went ahead and pulled the motor today. I wanted to do the whole job on my own so it was easier for me to yank the motor. I started by trying to do just the tranny but by myself I couldnt balance it and detatch it without major risk of injury or more broken parts. Im still gald I pulled the whole thing cause itll give a chance to clean it up again and delete a few things under the hood. Ive also had a slow oil leak that I can solve now. Ill work more on it tomorrow and keep yall updated. For now shes a shell and the motor is warm and happy in the house. Thats the way ya gotta do it in tha Ghetto. lol! Never leave yer rims or anything outside its just not worth the worry.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: im back   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 3:43 am

yo yo folks om back from my trip which was awesome. Its time to finish that mota. Give me a Call Joey. We gotta get crackin on this thang. Ill be up a while tonight.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 6:02 pm

disco good to have u back in the real world....so u gonna be at the crab trap tonight
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: yup   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 7:54 pm

Fo Sho. Ill be there tonight. Ill be in the X-bizzy but ill be there. I ordered a new crank and bearings today and got the motor apart and ready to recieve the BARND NEW LIGHTWEIGHT EAGLE CRANK. Itll be here by the end of the week so probably by next tuesdays meet itll be done. I heard something about a dyno day at Adams in april?
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: good info   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 3:27 am

Not that anyone is paying attention or anything but I figured Id post this new info anyway. I found out today that the new crank is six lbs lighter than stock and balanced to honda factory specs. Im so excited to get it and install it. Thats alot of rotating mass shaved off.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 5:55 am

Well I finnaly got confirmation that my crank is in the mail. Im soo excited. Maybe by next weekend ill have it all back together. I was really hoping to have the ABS out before the motor went back in but ohh well. It can wait. I pulled the rest of the power steering crap out of the car today. I also got a killer deal on a GSR head and p72 ecu with the dizzy. So now I can build up my old ls with this head and have a back up ls vtec. Yup thats right back up. I just need to get some more forged internals to handle the squeezeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 3:21 pm

thats sweet man is that crank as strong as stock eventhough it is 6lbs lighter anyway should be nice though

pretty soon u might even be able to hang with me Razz
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 7:11 pm

Blarrr har har, bra I been hangin Very Happy Its just now i can do it in my car. lol! Yea the crank is supposedly stronger than stock and balanced within honda factory specs You goin to Holt friday?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 3:20 am

i want to go but im going to be spending some quailty time with me girl so sorry i wont be there but i will be going soon
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 5:33 am

Thats cool bro. I understand. We will be going every weekend when my car is right. So theres plenty of chances.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: its here its here   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 5:56 pm

Here she is it finnaly showed up. The only bummer is the bearrings didnt. I have a call into the store and there trying to figure it out. HEre she is.

Motor Swap Again Resize10

Im getting closer Orion. Once I get it in I still have to get it tuned by Lorange. Im also wainting on my Fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge. They are also in the mail.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 12:25 am

Heres a wire tuck I did today on the driver side fender.

Motor Swap Again Fender10

Motor Swap Again After_10

It was fun project for the day. Ill do more later. I still need to get rid of the ABS that crap really bothers me.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Crank   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 4:46 pm

I weighed the old and new crank today and there is a six lb difference!!
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: taa daa   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 3:49 pm

last night
Motor Swap Again Motorb11

I put a full post on both Club Integra and TEam Integra. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: complete   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 6:05 am

motor bay complete.
Motor Swap Again S8000312
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 6:12 pm

damn that shit looks good i have to say man u do good work

ditch the gsr intake mani mang
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 8:02 pm

oh yea thought i would help u out there mang
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=13555
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 9:03 pm

Hey thanx for the link. Why ditch the GSR intake mani?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 4:03 pm

they dont flow worth a crap that was one of the first things i got rid of on my gsr i went skunk2 but knowin what i know now i would prob get the victorx from eddlebrock

but urs is lsvetc maybe for ur set up it works but i dont normally see gsr mani on lsvetc's
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 8:14 pm

the intake manifold was chosen for midrange hp and torque,

all the aftermarket manifolds make the same power with the stock dual stage manifold from 6000 to 8000 rpms its only up in the 9000 range that those aftermarket manifolds begin to make more power, and while you gain that high rpm range you get your ass whooped below 5000 with an aftermarket mani.

ive seen dyno sheets where a turbo b18c1 made the same top end but 15 whp and 20 ft lbs of torque more at about 4500rpm, than an aftermarket conterpart,

if the dual stage part is not working then yes the manifold is not good but i assure you both stages work on daves car. this car is designed for an 1/8th mile drag strip not some weak ass street race so useless high rpms are sacrificed for useable midrange power
Back to top Go down
bp92gsr

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-02-15

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 6:28 am

lookin sexy Smile
Back to top Go down
bp92gsr

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-02-15

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 6:34 am

also hope to see this car runnin soon for all you sh!t talkers out there who want a peice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Motor Swap Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motor Swap Again
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next