Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motor Swap Again

Go down 
+2
BrOkEn_Dc2
Disco
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 6:48 am

nice i bet u get the gangster tune from dennis u just have to talk with him and kinda just let him know where u tryin to go with it

good luck mang
Back to top Go down
BrOkEn_Dc2

BrOkEn_Dc2

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:02 am

Fucking nice build! I'm hoping soon(if everything goes to plan Neutral ) is to pull my motor, send head of to get p&p ect, block to get at least honed out if not overbored a bit, Skunk2 valve train, Eagle crank, Rods, havnt decided on pistons(I do have some ITR pistons if anyone want to buy em) Some trans work, nice header, and hopefully by fall(ish) ITB's!!!!!! FTMFW OMGWTFBBQ

Keep up the good work yo! POST YOUR NUMBERS ON MONDAY!
Back to top Go down
AILS98

AILS98

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2007-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:46 am

your car is goin to be sick dave i cant wait to see it run at holt man.......i cant wait to start my build now
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:49 am

tthanx guys I love my car. I wont have any numbersjust a propper tune and a fucking fast car.
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 8:20 am

ive told you all the right parts now it will be up to you to get the short between the steering wheel and drivers seat fixed so it will be able to do what it is meant to do pirat
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 3:40 pm

dave i know ur gonna dyno ur car on dyno day right
then we will see ur numbers
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 2:14 am

man I dunno if I am I havnt given it any real thought. To me the numbers dont impress me ive raced and beat cars with twice the hp my little ls was putting down. Id rather get a really good roll out and suspension set up so I hook up all the power that I do have. All that said I still just might dyno it
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 9:05 am

no im not sayin dyno to make big number i would just let to set what ur setup produces u know
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 6:07 pm

yeah I understand what yer sayin. I just gotta read the info and wiegh the cost.
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 12:16 am

well I dropped the car off at Lorange today for my 8:00 appointment and Dennis called in sick today. I hope hes better by tomorow.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 6:18 am

not much info to read its 60 bucks yea its a little pricey but its helpin out and i think it will only get cheaper in future support ur scene mang

oh yea i saw ur car sittin up there im gonna go oggle it tomorrow lol im sure dennis will be better soon
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 3:31 pm

well he called in sick again today...FUCK!!!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 5:47 pm

dang boy that sux im sure he will get better soon i guess its just going around
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 8:57 pm

im just being a whiney little bitch
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 5:20 am

did u go pick up ur car
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Full race   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 5:33 am

I ordered my new traction bar from Full Race Motorsports. It was not cheap at all. but the way I see it I spent all that money to make the power so Im not gonna skimp putting the power down. Im still workin on gettin my drag rims and tires. Im going with a DOT approved drag radial to keep the car a "Street Legal Ride" that way I can run in the street classes.

Nahh Dennis was still sick.
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 5:44 pm

dave your not running radials your running the m and h dot slicks they are a dot approved slick like the et streets, they work a good bit better than drag radials
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 7:23 pm

Im a tard. Obviously

I spoke to Dennis this morning hes back at work. He said he wont have my tune finished today, probably not tomorrow, and it sounded very questionable as to wether he could have it done by Friday. Im starting to feel like im getting put on the back burner. Sure I didnt pay them to build my motor or buy anything from them... but I did make an appointment for which he said would be a couple hours of tuning and AT LEAST $300. The crome program is already loaded into the ecu with a generic base map. So whatever, I just hope its done by friday.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 3:17 pm

man im sure ur not getting put on the back burner cus i drove by yesterday and ur car wasnt there which means they where workin on it........dont worry mang good things come to those who wait.....trust me i know where ur comin from
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 4:14 pm

dave picked up his car yesterday! it will be at the track tonight.

who wants to guess how crappy his 60ft is gonna be the 1st time with the 100 shot?
Back to top Go down
BrOkEn_Dc2

BrOkEn_Dc2

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 9:35 pm

I might go tonight... who is all going?
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 9:57 pm

me, dave, brandon(bp92gsr), probly jon, im guessing most of us
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 7:26 am

so dave whats up mang how the car running
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 8:56 pm

The car runs ok. The tune on it is to say the least very conservative. Safe for the nitrous. But the car is way slower than it was before the tune. I mean way slower. I think he went overboard on being conservative. Its not even up to par with a stock gsr as far as I can see. And the car wont shift into gear any higher than 7000 rpm. SO to say the least im really bummed. I ran on motor in the beginning of the night and made 2 passes, 10.9 and 10.7 that was enough for me to see what a dog it was NA. SO I went to the 50 shot and stepped the times down each pass by two tenths. On the 50 I got it down to a 9.6. Then a car crashed at the end of the track and flipped so we had to wait an hour or so. By the time we got back up and running I lost my mojo and the times went back to the 10 's. It was the end of the night so I put in the 100 shot and ran a dissapointing 9.7. Remember it would not shift into any gear so I wa girnding all night every gear except when I shifted at 7000. So What did we learn... Nitrous is the end all be all just cause you have nitrous doesnt mean your gonna be fast. You gotta drive it. There was a great turn out last night tons of ricers. I think there was a rice convention or something going on that I wasnt ricey enough to be invited too. What a Face DARN pirat
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 5:48 am

well have u talked with dennis about ur tune if u want it more aggressive just talk to the man im sure he will help u get the car the way u want he prbo just didnt want u to blow the thing up i know i have a pretty conservative tune also but then again i talked with him alot and so he and an idea....i wanted a safe tune but i also didnt want any pussy shit either......im sure he used his wideband and ur afr must be right u need to talk to that man and see what up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motor Swap Again   Motor Swap Again - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motor Swap Again
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next