Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

old pics...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KongGMC

KongGMC

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-11-20

old pics... Empty
PostSubject: old pics...   old pics... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 6:42 am

I posted the link to my xanga in the introductory page but I figured I'd post it here again incase anyone desides they wanna take a gander at my rides.

http://photo.xanga.com/KongGMC

I don't have the first pics of my Supra in the photos section so if you wanna see it you'll have to go here and scroll down a bit.

www.xanga.com/konggmc
Back to top Go down
tonkatruck66

tonkatruck66

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2007-10-25

old pics... Empty
PostSubject: Re: old pics...   old pics... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 6:58 am

nice truck man. what kinda motor does it have and whats all done to it?
Back to top Go down
KongGMC

KongGMC

old pics... Empty
PostSubject: Re: old pics...   old pics... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 7:05 am

It's an 03 Sierra with the 4.8 liter with auto tranny. I put a single in/dual out Flowmaster 40 on there and ran the duals out in front of the right rear tire like Lightning. I also installed a Trans Dapt(torque curve) throttle body spacer and K&N drop in air filter. Last but not least I cut a slit open across the front of the air box which was by far the most helpful mod of all. It's literally ram air if you remove the passanger side headlight! Best I've ever run was a 10.61 out at Holt. Last time I ran the best I could muster up was 10.66 but I just replaced the fuel pressure regulator and regained a bunch of torque I didn't realize I had lost. So it may be time to take back out to Holt and run it again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tonkatruck66

tonkatruck66

old pics... Empty
PostSubject: Re: old pics...   old pics... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 7:07 am

haha i hear ya man. sounds like a bad lil truck. i'd like to see that thing in action. haha. are you goin up there sunday?
Back to top Go down
KongGMC

KongGMC

old pics... Empty
PostSubject: Re: old pics...   old pics... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 7:14 am

No I'm in Niceville at church most of the day Sunday. I've been wanting to swing out there to check out that swap meet they've been doing but by the time I get back to Crestucky it's usually already like 1:00pm. If I can get my front bearings on my Supra changed soon and a couple other little quirks, I wanna run it out there. The truck has a lot more power than the Supra but the truck also has that stupid Torque Managemant garbage and that kills the times. Without that thing turned on I bet it would run a close to 10.00 in the 1/8!
Back to top Go down
tonkatruck66

tonkatruck66

old pics... Empty
PostSubject: Re: old pics...   old pics... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 7:16 am

yeah, traction control in my dads mustang slowed it down a lot too. i hate it. hahah. is your supra boosted?
Back to top Go down
KongGMC

KongGMC

old pics... Empty
PostSubject: Re: old pics...   old pics... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 7:22 am

No it's naturally aspirated. It's also got some bugs I've gotta work out. It has a missfire at idle and I have no clue why. No help on any of the Supra forums. I was gonna check and adjust the timing the other day to see if that helps but the crankshaft pully has 3 seperate markings on it that could all represent TDC. So once I muster a day off with nothing to do I'll have to yank the #1 spark plug out and figure out where TDC is and go from there. I figure it's most likely a timing issue cause it only missfires at idle. Give it any gas and it pretty much goes away. No top end power either so I definately wanna lean in that direction. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
tonkatruck66

tonkatruck66

old pics... Empty
PostSubject: Re: old pics...   old pics... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 7:23 am

sounds like a good project, good luck.
Back to top Go down
tonkatruck66

tonkatruck66

old pics... Empty
PostSubject: Re: old pics...   old pics... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 7:59 am

hey man, i just looked at those pics, who's 240 was that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

old pics... Empty
PostSubject: Re: old pics...   old pics... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

old pics...
Page 1 of 1