Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ls Turbo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AILS98

AILS98

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Ls Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Ls Turbo   Ls Turbo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 4:34 am

Ok so i have a 98 ls an i have really been rattling my brain on what to do and im really thinkin bout ls turbo but im not sure. Im lookin for peoples thought on the situation an here and for people that have done it what their thoughts are and if they regreat it or not. The help is appreciated thanks
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Ls Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ls Turbo   Ls Turbo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 5:53 am

first off before anything switch the car to obd1, via a conversion harness and an 94-95 ls ecu

second decide what your horsepower goal is

then gather parts,

turbo do research on what turbo would work best for your goals ie you dont want one to big because it spools later and all the power comes on at once and you blow the tires away at high rpms and you dont want one to small cause it wont make enough power (in my personal opinon a smaller turbo is more useful),
manifold
down pipe
charge pipes
intercooler?
injectors atleast 440s but more if you want more than 250whp,
ls ecu with crome or hondata (as cheap as an ls ecu is its worth while to just buy an extra and have it chipped)

if you plan on making more than 250whp i recommend rods and pistons.[
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Ls Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ls Turbo   Ls Turbo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 6:01 am

well said couldnt have said it better myself execpt i think u can make a lil closer to 300hp before rods and pistons but that would be pushin it lol

but would kid of things would u like to know like what reliablity or cost or what

i would recomend not cheapin out on parts buy a good manifold and good turbo etc.....ebay shit is 50/50

also just go into the turbo forum on hondatech and just start readin and readin and readin and the u can figure out where u want to go

if u have a ?'s just ask Twisted Evil

oh yea u can check out some of my turbo set up in my thread
https://unclebennyz.darkbb.com/Apperance-cosmetics-Vids-c6/Pix-vidz-f15/its-the-offical-orion-car-thread-t47.htm
Back to top Go down
AILS98

AILS98

Ls Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ls Turbo   Ls Turbo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 6:14 am

all of that was helpful an ya im not goin to cheap it at all i wanna get the best set up i can an get at least close to 300hp i dont really wanna push to much an i wanna make it reliable enough to still drive and not have ALOT of wear on my engine
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Ls Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ls Turbo   Ls Turbo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 6:25 am

well i hate to tell u this but if u wanna push 300hp u are gonna be putting wear on ur engine
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Ls Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ls Turbo   Ls Turbo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 7:06 am

thats why i say about 250 the longevity of the motor will be much better with only 250,

300 hundred is achievable but on stock rods it will blow up, not if but when! depending on the tune could be 5 years or it could be 1 week...

trust me a small turbo that spools quick and can make 250 will make for a really fun car to drive. dont get caught up in the horsepower craze! an integra doesnt need but 225 and a driver to run 8.50s in the 1/8th @85mph

high horsepower turbo cars are peaky and thats bad, a mild setup that comes on evenly will bust the ass of every peaky big turbo car out there.

ive driven the peaky cars before they suck, launch lag lag lag waiting 6000rpms whomm instantly shift, lag lag lag whoom instantly shift lag lag lag whomm race over, there fast but only for a very limited time...

a nice even car where torque kinda matches the hp , car launces has an even pull thru first shift second pull is already there and shift third no waiting car is pulling still happening

guess which kinda car is easier to drive?

moral of this long story that i write being bored to death, think out your turbo setup very well talk to people that have alot of exprience with turbos and then back the information that you learn up with other people that you know have knowledge.

there are 2 kinds of turbo cars
97% that are just thrown together with horsepower in mind

and 3% that are well thought out every step of the way...

nothing againest anybody locals car but ive only seen 1 turbo honda go to emerald coast dragway with a perfect setup every time hes been there, his name is paul pham he is out of pensacola/ atlanta/alabama,
Back to top Go down
AILS98

AILS98

Ls Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ls Turbo   Ls Turbo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 7:25 am

thanks for the info an everything man i guess i got more hw to do haha ya i wasnt thinkin about a big turbo i want one thats a good size an doesnt lag but puts out enough power to keep me in the race
Back to top Go down
AILS98

AILS98

Ls Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ls Turbo   Ls Turbo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 9:44 pm

What do you all think the best turbo kit would be to get? for a stock ls
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Ls Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ls Turbo   Ls Turbo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 10:25 pm

if it was me i wouldnt buy a kit unless u just want something that somebody else thinks will fit ur needs

u need to decide what will work best for u if it was my ls

i would buy a neukin ramhorn mani with a 3" downpipe to a full 3" exhaust with a garrett t3/t4 57 trim with a .48 ar most people go with a .63 ar but i think u will find that u will have just as much topend but much quicker spool with the .48 ar
Back to top Go down
ECH257

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-02-14

Ls Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ls Turbo   Ls Turbo Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 3:37 am

Spend the money and get a full race manifold.

Get a T04b turbo with a V1/V2 inlet and a Stage 5 exhaust side. with that setup you are able to go with a 57 trim and .63 ar and have almost 0 lag. it is a fast spooling turbo that will reach max boost at a very low rpm range. I have seen this setup used first hand many times with great numbers. The setup is good to around 500 hp max. tune it for low boost(7 psi) setup and the car will be fast. then when you get some internals you can turn up the boost more.
Back to top Go down
little white crx

little white crx

Ls Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ls Turbo   Ls Turbo Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 3:46 am

orion was right about not needing to buy a kit,

larry has done a ton of turbo homework i would listen to him
Back to top Go down
AILS98

AILS98

Ls Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ls Turbo   Ls Turbo Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 4:08 am

ya im supposed to be goin to l'orange tom to start everythin get prices going and figure out everything i want to do exactly and i decided my goal is goin to be a range from 250-280hp i know big range but it leaves it open to play so if i get inbetween i'll be happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ls Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ls Turbo   Ls Turbo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ls Turbo
Page 1 of 1