Uncle Bennyz CrEw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Bennyz CrEw

Uncle Bennyz CrEw is a group of friends that share the same interest. Tuning and modifying vehicles that range from cars to motorcycles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

turbo size

Go down 
+3
Reign_Maker
Orion
Randomneeha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Randomneeha

Randomneeha

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-01-10

turbo size Empty
PostSubject: turbo size   turbo size Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 4:45 am

Trying to see what everyone thinks would be a good size turbo for an upgrade. I ve got the t3/4 and im trying to upgrade it to a ball bearing but have really no idea what i should go with. Heres my deli ma if i change out the center section i will have a gt30 57trim but i dont know if that is still going to have the response that i want. I was thinking of going with a gt2871 but i still dont know how that will run. Anyway im up for ideas. I know what the disco runs like my buddies got the but i dont want an internal gate.

ANY IDEAS
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-01-09

turbo size Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo size   turbo size Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 4:58 pm

well first of all i told u get a diff. mani unless ur just bound and determand to keep the castiron then if u still want to upgrade the turbo i think u would be happer with the gt30 but can u get a small trim like a 50trim or something or does it only come with the 57

the disco potato is deff. a sweet lil turbo for sure but i think u might out grow it to quickly but to each there own and remember if u do go with the gt28rs u can always convert it to external gate it just sucks that u have to buy a turbo like that then mod it to work instead of just get an externally gated turbo
Back to top Go down
Randomneeha

Randomneeha

turbo size Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo size   turbo size Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 5:22 am

from what i read the turbo is still going to have lag and not make full spoll before 4500 and the 2871 makes it around 4100 or less pending on the manifold.( yes like a ramhorn) Cool
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

turbo size Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo size   turbo size Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 4:49 pm

yea thats true but will it hold and give u the top end u need to.....go for it that way we can see how it works out
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker

Reign_Maker

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-10-25

turbo size Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo size   turbo size Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:31 am

Do you know how to read turbo maps? Efficiency islands and such? Matching your turbo to your set up is very crucial... I would recommend checkin out what other hondas with similar set ups are running and see how they like the turbo... Also, to consider, the exhaust housing's AR is going to play a huge role in how and when your turbo reaches maximum boost gain and loss... Too small, quick spool but dies on top... Too large, slow spool, but heavy on top... You want to get the right size exhaust housing so you dont run out of steam up top, but dont take too long to get thier either...

I say you just get it over with and go with the GT45R... Wink It may take a little modification and a LOT of spray to spool it, but damn, it would look sweet in there... Very Happy:D:D
Back to top Go down
Orion
Admin
Orion

turbo size Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo size   turbo size Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 3:30 pm

good grief man gt45r and 200 shot that ought to get the job done ehhhh
Back to top Go down
JDM~JON

JDM~JON

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2007-02-05

turbo size Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo size   turbo size Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 3:32 pm

i have a gt 323818131412zr ws 7 so what now bitches hahhahahah j/k I LOVE BOOST but i LOVE HAVING A FAST ALL MOTOR CAR TO
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/hxctegdriver
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

turbo size Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo size   turbo size Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 4:45 pm

but when are ya gonna get a "FAST" motor car John ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha you know im jokin homie tongue
Back to top Go down
JDM~JON

JDM~JON

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2007-02-05

turbo size Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo size   turbo size Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 4:49 pm

HA HA HA jerk Mad i know your joking
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/hxctegdriver
Randomneeha

Randomneeha

turbo size Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo size   turbo size Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 9:16 am

well from what i read the gt2871r with a t3 4bold exhaust is the same as the gt30 with the t25 flange so im not really sure now im all confubbled heh... but to answer your question no idea how to read a map and no one around here has anything to measure what kind of exhaust pressure im making.... so its still a toss up to see gt2871 or gt2860 disco
Back to top Go down
Disco

Disco

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2007-02-07

turbo size Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo size   turbo size Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:40 pm

alright now yall quit talkin bout me Wink
Back to top Go down
Reign_Maker

Reign_Maker

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-10-25

turbo size Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo size   turbo size Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 2:58 am

Random: what I was suggesting is checking a Honda forum and seein what turbos those guys are using... Before I chose my I spent, literally, MONTHS researching... I dont know how much air your motor moves, but Im sure someone does... You have to find out before chosing your turbo... What works for one set up may not work for yours, and it would suck to have one spin out too soon or take forever to get there... Know what I mean? If I knew more about honda motors, I'd be of more assistance to ya... Sad Sorry...
Back to top Go down
Clifford

Clifford

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-10-21

turbo size Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo size   turbo size Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 3:06 am

like i said in another thread, b- series can make power?????????????? lols
Back to top Go down
Spunjah413

Spunjah413

Number of posts : 38